Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if I could get some input. I have an xtra cab yota and I want to run a dual battery setup. I was thinking of putting it behind the seat. the depth is about 6 inches and I was wodnering if I could put a battery in there on it's side? or would it leak if i put it on its side.

There's other folks that know more than I but the only battery I'd put inside the cab AND on its side is an Optima. If you want another battery why not use some empty space under the bad?

I really want to add another battery to mine eventually, my thought was to put it in the bed, in a marine battery box. Not sure how I feel about drilling holes in the front of my bed to get the cables out though.

theres an autozone optima style "gel" battery with similar results.
i've seen people use the trail-gear battery tray installed under the bed in front of the spare tire carrier. The closer it is to your other battery, the shorter the cables are. Also, you could try pulling out your coolant overflow and s*** in that area. are you carbed or FI, 4 or 6cyl?
FYIW, i fried my red top when it shifted in the battery tray one day after the hook came outta the mount resulting in the battery shifting and grounding out on the lip of my pass fenderwell - was at the gym parked on a crooked hill over the curb in the dirt LOL. I came out after working out for an hour and a half and my truck was smoking. Battery was fried.

It's a 22re pickup and I would have to move the air box as well to do a dual battery there. and EFI.

Well I have this setup
DSCF1730.jpg

If you have space under the hood, mount it there. Otherwise, mount it in the bed in a marine box. Thats where I've mounted the battery for my solar setup. In either case, get a standard battery or Gel battery. Optima's any more just aren't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom