Battery tender questions GRJ76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, questions for this group. I have a 2015 GRJ76 with the original battery. I am in a situation where I don't drive the vehicle that often, where it sits sometimes for 2-3 months.

Is the best practice to put the battery on a tender when not in use? Where should I keep the battery? I will have to pull it from the truck because my parking spot is separated from the house. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Can you utilize a solar setup (leave the battery in the truck)?

Can you utilize a solar setup (leave the battery in the truck)?

Sadly, not really. The parking space has a roof, so that blocks most of the sunlight that would hit any solar element within the cab. I could put the solar element somewhere where the sun would hit it but setting all of that up would be more involved than just pulling the battery and putting it on a trickle charger.

If you can just disconnect it completely for those times you are not using it, it should be fine I think. Still, the battery might wear out quickly. Then I would replace it with a gel battery.

After a lot of research, I ended up buying a
mxs-5-0
, which is a bit more expensive than the cheaper ones, but after learning that CTEK is OEM equipment for Ferrari and a number of other high-end vehicles that often sit for a while, I decided it was the right one for my situation. It works well. Having the pull the battery is a bit of a PITA, but it only takes a few minutes and helps as a theft deterrent when I am away from the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom