Battery box for HDJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe this should be in the Diesel section but it was obscure so here it is. I am searching around for battery box ideas in my manual HDJ80. I am lucky because there is room for two batteries behind the air filter if you do it right given the placement of the washer fluid reservoir. I have done a few searches for battery boxes and haven't found anything on some good box mount ideas. I see all the nice holes where I could build a mount but there are no really great points. Anyone do this? Pics?

Why don't you use the battery box out of the FZJ? It mounts in between the radiator overflow and the airbox

Mine is a 24V. I already have a battery there. I am looking for two more on the other side of the filter so I can run some chargers and probably way too much 120V crap off my inverters. I spend a lot of time off grid so the more battery the better. I would rather shim them in under the hood if I can. I see a M2K alternator in my future as well. I would like to do more than just spot welds on site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom