Barnwell August 11 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Add me and Mrs Wilson to the maybe list. Only a 50/50 chance since we have Thrill on the Hill at the end of the month and my FJ is on the waiting list for a transplant (re-gear). Gears should be here early week and hoping they can get installed ASAP since we need break-in time before heading to New Mexico. If we get to go we will arrive around noon and we will be staying overnight at the hotel. Too darn hot for camping.

Add me and Mrs Wilson to the maybe list. Only a 50/50 chance since we have Thrill on the Hill at the end of the month and my FJ is on the waiting list for a transplant (re-gear). Gears should be here early week and hoping they can get installed ASAP since we need break-in time before heading to New Mexico. If we get to go we will arrive around noon and we will be staying overnight at the hotel. Too darn hot for camping.

Roger that, will do. Hope to see you there!

Update:

Going:
1. jbmccul +1
2. LaFJDude +1-2
3. AJONESER (FJ Forums)
4. berettashot117 (T4R)
5. TheSilverBull
6. Happyochappy (FJ Forums)
7. wesrunner (TW)
8. 4xPhoenix
9. Blueanimal
10. Jeremy Johnston (T4R)

Maybe:
1. landy (FJ Forums)
2. LostCajun (TW)
3. TxFJ85 (FJ Forums)
4. Honey badger (TW)
5. Wilson & Mrs. Wilson

For those heading over Saturday morning from Shreveport, is the plan to meet at IHOP before heading out? It is about 1.5 hours from Shreveport so if we meet at 6am, giving about an hour at IHOP, that would put us at the park around 8:30.

Is the pavilion our rally point or for those camping out, do yall just want us to meet at your camp site?

Also, anyone have a channel preference for CBs?

For those heading over Saturday morning from Shreveport, is the plan to meet at IHOP before heading out? It is about 1.5 hours from Shreveport so if we meet at 6am, giving about an hour at IHOP, that would put us at the park around 8:30.

Sounds like the plan to me.

Is the pavilion our rally point or for those camping out, do yall just want us to meet at your camp site?

Also, anyone have a channel preference for CBs?

I still need to get my CB grounded. Wanna help me do it Friday after work Paul? I'll bring Cane's!

And I usually run on Channel 37

I still need to get my CB grounded. Wanna help me do it Friday after work Paul? I'll bring Cane's!

Sure! Where you want to do it at? My place or in town somewhere?

If it is just the grounding, it shouldn't take but a few minutes. We hope. LOL

Sure! Where you want to do it at? My place or in town somewhere?

If it is just the grounding, it shouldn't take but a few minutes. We hope. LOL

We can do it at my house. I have no idea what all I need to get.

I just need to get it grounded somehow so I don't fry my radio this weekend.

We can do it at my house. I have no idea what all I need to get.

I just need to get it grounded somehow so I don't fry my radio this weekend.

I probably have all that you need to do the grounding so I can bring it.

When do you get off?

2:30pm. I will have to be on the road toward my place to get the boys from day care by 5pm though.

Like I said, if it is just grounding and we run a ground line, it shouldn't take long.

2:30pm. I will have to be on the road toward my place to get the boys from day care by 5pm though.

Like I said, if it is just grounding and we run a ground line, it shouldn't take long.

Yeah, I'm free the whole day. Wanna meet up at Cane's about 2:45 and grab a bite and then run to my house afterwards?

For the Shreveport guys who are meeting at IHOP....

Which one? My suggestion is the IHOP just off of Pines Rd. Being that it is on the edge of town and closer to Barnwell.

Last edited:
LaFJDude said:
For the Shreveport guys who are meeting at IHOP....

Which one? My suggestion is the IHOP just off of Pines Rd. Being that it is on the edge of town and closer to Barnwell.

Sounds good to me. Do you mind posting this in the event page on FB so everyone else sees it?

We are staying at the Homewood Suites in Longview, TX, Friday and Saturday?. That may be on the route you are all taking, but I could use a good POC (cell phone number) to check with you. My new CB arrived broken and I cannot change the channel. My usual luck with Chinese electronics.

My cell is 985-768-2540.

4xphoenix said:
We are staying at the Homewood Suites in Longview, TX, Friday and Saturday?. That may be on the route you are all taking, but I could use a good POC (cell phone number) to check with you. My new CB arrived broken and I cannot change the channel. My usual luck with Chinese electronics.

My cell is 985-768-2540.

I'll be sure one of us roll by the hotel. I'll pm you my cell when I get home

My cell is 985-768-2540.

I saw that your motel is on Spur 63 in Longview. If you head north on 63 then north (left) onto 502 (63 dead ends into 502), you can pick up FM 1844 just a little ways up. Turn left there which is where Judson Middle School is located and that will take you to 300.

An alternative route for you is to head south on 63 and turn right on to 80 (W Marshall Ave) right near your motel. Two major roads down on the right is Gilmer Rd (300). Stay on this till you reach Gilmer. This might be the easier of the two.

Also, as Bowen said, we can give you a call when we exit I20 and meet you at your motel, then convoy from there if you prefer.

What channel are you locked on? We can make that our channel so we are all together.

There are two hotels in Gilmer. Gilmer Inn and Executive Inn. Both about 7 miles from park. Neither allow pets. I have stayed at Executive a number of times and it is very clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom