Bare roof 100 - Any Thule or Yakima Towers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need towers for a bare roof 100. The mounting holes are stripped out.

Do any of the towers from Thule or Yakima fit? I have seen this before however can not find the part numbers.

Thank you.

Rails...sleep used to stock 100 series specific aluminum extruded roof rails. They are from Australia I believe. I have a pair in the garage ready to go on my rig. I bought some Thule mounting plates and plan on fabbing various size metal block to handle elevation variations (as modeled using flat washers).

I also saw reference (YouTube or ?) to using readily available aluminum L-angle rods that can be forced to follow the roof channels.

If you're talking about the mount holes in the actual roof being stripped out make sure they still seal, if you leave the bolts out the roof will leak. Or you could try pull the headliner down just enough to get to the underside, I know 200's have threaded plates you can access not sure how similar on the 100

My 100 came without a stock roof rack and I have a set of towers that fit my 100, I think they are Yakima. Will look when back home on Monday. These are the kind that are old school and you open your door to hook them to the bottom of roof and then crank them down. Have worked fine for me. I actually was just thinking I need to sell these since I never use them anymore.

I need towers for a bare roof 100. The mounting holes are stripped out.

Do any of the towers from Thule or Yakima fit? I have seen this before however can not find the part numbers.

Thank you.

Would rivnuts help?

We went the RivNut route when we removed the port installed roof rack, and discovered some stripped mounting holes on my son’s 2000 LC. The RivNut repair seems to have held up, and remained water tight for the last 6 years.

My 100 came without a stock roof rack and I have a set of towers that fit my 100, I think they are Yakima. Will look when back home on Monday. These are the kind that are old school and you open your door to hook them to the bottom of roof and then crank them down. Have worked fine for me. I actually was just thinking I need to sell these since I never use them anymore.
I would buy the 4 q towers and q clips. Do you know the number to the q clip?

I looked on the Yakima website and came up with Q24 for the clip. These were for the 2004 Tundra Double cab. I did not see a specific one listed for the 100 series. Thank you.

I looked and mine are actually Thule, no numbers on them that I could find.

@timeo I can use Thule as well. You still interested in selling?

I converted Rhino 200 series RTS540 track ditch rails to fit my 100. They fit the 100 channels perfectly, just have to make some new holes in the RTS tracks, as the holes for the 200 series factory bolts are at different places in the channel than on the 100. Then you can use removable RTS mounts, and put them anywhere on the track you like. I needed to do this because my LC would not fit in the garage with after market roof rails on, needed to be able to easily remove the towers and the bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom