ballistic panel behind 2nd row of seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not exactly a thread I was expecting to see here :(, but back on topic...

An easy (though not elegant) solution would be some slick carriers and hang them off the headrests. I have a Ferro Concepts carrier and it's pretty low-profile. A single plate in each would probably suffice. There are tons of carriers and plates out there to fit your requirements and budget.

"In Atlanta, crime has continued raging into 2021. In the first 18 weeks of the year, police statistics show homicides up 57 percent, rapes up 55 percent, aggravated assaults up 36 percent and auto thefts up 31 percent compared with the same period last year."
Yep. It's up. But still not close to the top. For reference...
Murder rates:
Birmingham - 50.56 murders per 100,000 residents
Detroit - 41.45 murders per 100K residents
New Orleans - 30.67 murders per 100K residents
Atlanta - 19.53 murders per 100k residents

Let’s let this one die. OP hasn’t been on mud in weeks. People are butt hurt. Go Hawks.

Let’s let this one die. OP hasn’t been on mud in weeks. People are butt hurt. Go Hawks.
did he come to an untimely end???

all kidding aside, some 1/4 AR plate behind the seat would be easy and cheap

Yep. It's up. But still not close to the top. For reference...
Murder rates:
Birmingham - 50.56 murders per 100,000 residents
Detroit - 41.45 murders per 100K residents
New Orleans - 30.67 murders per 100K residents
Atlanta - 19.53 murders per 100k residents
nice try 😄
So you have no tech advice for the OP, just your feelings? Gotcha

Last edited:
Come on. I suggested the vest wrapped around the car seat… and that could be the least expensive and most effective suggestion yet. Oh, and my crime stats should go along way to ease his anxiety too. Gotta admit, that’s a pretty solid contribution right there.

If you're that concerned, move.

Is there some reasoning behind the only wanting to put in it on the rear of the seats? Do stats support this is the most effective location? Seems like to me you'd want to protect from side and front too.

Strange topic.

Last edited:
We’ve established that this is a dumb thread. We’ve established that Atlantans disagree with OPs unfounded fears and people in Alabama are scared of Atlanta.

Let this one fall off the first page people. Move along.

Hello, unfortunately, I now live in a city where random gun violence seems to be the norm (Atlanta). I also have young children in car seats. I want to create a ballistic panel that I can attach to the back of the 2nd row of seats to prevent a bullet entering the rear of the vehicle from striking the occupants. The footprint would be roughly the same footprint as the backs of the seats.

Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated
I give you a cheaper solution, move from that place to a safer area

Alabama ain't scared of Georgia 😉
UnfinishedFamiliarCreature-size_restricted.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I have to chime in because I used to sell woven fiberglass/resin composite ballistic panels for home, car, etc., use. I had a leftover piece after live-fire testing so had it cut down to fit behind my rear seats but inside the trunk. I was living in LA so figured since I have it might as well use it. In the end tho, it's all chance, bad luck, etc. You could have the panel and get shot from the side, or a bullet clears the panel and hits somebody in the head, but that's also possible with soft body armor. I sold that car with the panel left inside accidentally, so I bet the new owner was confused to find a ballistic panel with multiple .40 cal rounds embedded in it from our tests!
That was 15+ years ago and I haven't had anything like that in my car since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom