Baja Map Books with GPS Coordinates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shahram

I ain't got herpes no more.
Threads
Yes, I know, asking about printed map books is like asking "which VCR should I buy", or "which magneto is the best for my horseless carriage", but call me old school. I have a little Garmin Geko GPS (no map software) that I use in conjunction with DeLorme maps. I don't have a laptop. I'm having trouble finding reliable map books with GPS coordinates for Baja California Norte. The Baja Almanac has been out of print for some time now, and used copies are expensive. A fancy schmancy GPS is out of the budget for now.

Any suggestions on a printed map book for Baja California?

Thanks!

Legal? Legal?!?!

I'd guess so. I'm not selling it or anything, plus I only need the pages from San Felipe to Bahia San Luis Gonzaga.

Legal....pffffft!

:)

the Baja Almanac is the undisputed king of baja trail/map books.

http://www.baja-almanac.com/

unfortunately, they're waiting on a reprint/new edition and none are currently available unless you can convince someone out there to sell you theirs - like what i'm trying to do right now. ANYONE LISTENING? :]

as for GPS, you can always look on ebay and snag an older model that supports map cards - i got one for $250 that i'm totally happy with.

BAJA CALIFORNIA ALMANAC found at

http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com/

I wish that I was heading for the Baja, instead I will be heading back to Afghanistan next week. Yaaa Hoooo. At least there will be sand.

Negative on that. I just rec'd the following email from Jim Tolbert, who runs that website:

j tolbert <bajabooksite@yahoo.com>

Sorry, we've sold out.

Thanks anyway, mj1505. Stay safe in Afghanistan.

Yes, I know, asking about printed map books is like asking "which VCR should I buy", or "which magneto is the best for my horseless carriage", but call me old school.

Uh, as a cartographer (thats a map maker to you high school grads out there :D ) I resent the implication that paper maps are the geospatial equivalent of a dinosaur. Their more like the coelacanth, everybody THINKS its dead but its really still out there. :flipoff2:

I've called a few places, mostly map stores between L.A. and San Diego, and they've all sounded like this:

"Hi, I'm looking for a copy of the Baja California Almanac."
"Aren't we all! I haven't had a copy of that book since February of last year, and I get at least a call per week. I wish they'd get their act together and publish the new edition like they said they would back in September."

Someone needs to step up to the plate and do a DeLorme-esque Baja map with GPS coordinates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom