Badlands, Attica IN, July 22-24, 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
guess that says enuf......nothin specific. C & I have reservations at Hotel Attica.

I'm not plannin to do any guide work....so if yer runnin a wagon and expect to wheel with me all day, you also better be planning on endin wheels up more than once :D

C and I are arrivin Thurs evening, wheein Fri and Sat for sure, Sun is a tossup depending on breakage and weather.

GLJT is there that weekend, they've got Summers for a base, so it might be a zoo there....

Last edited:
Junk said:
What's this guide crap about? Can we just show up and wheel?

most definitely....place outta be buzzin with people just wheelin...

gonna sneak over for the weekend? I'll warn the sherrif :flipoff2:

with a little luck, the rig will be sportin new tires (Pitbull Rockers), new rims (TrailReadys) and some fresh paint...what better place to scrape it off!! lol

Appleton to Attica: 300 miles
Kansas City to Attica: 485 miles
Buggerville to Attica: 747 miles

Mall cruiser will be there, C will shoot me instantly if I wheel it, but might pull off an afternoon with it at least :D

she hasn't spotted the lift in the garage yet...think she'll notice when it's taller tomorrow afternoon?

...pulling the running boards to hide it....hehehe

woody said:
I'm not plannin to do any guide work....so if yer runnin a wagon and expect to wheel with me all day, you also better be planning on endin wheels up more than once :D

Think that says enough for me. :D

My little wagon likes it wheels down. :flipoff2:

Nice call. First trip this year...how sad!

Green Oaks to Attica = 168 miles.

Count me in. Not sure about staying at the campground in the rv or hanging out at the Attica Hotel with some cold ones and prime rib!

Thanks for the heads up Woody.

Hope this trip works for my crappy schedule and hope the cruiser breaks!!!!!

Goebs

Hmmm, I think I can I think I can.... It's the weekend before my Colorado trip, should I tempt fate?

Kenton,
Words from the wise........Tempt fate my son.

Don't we need to have a cold one soon?! We need a half way point between c-lake and greenoaks

Goebs

excellent...the crew grows...

I'll sportin new tires, new rims and new paint...

sad thing is Goebs, you never saw the rig with the 39.5 IROK's and the 17" Allieds...

maybe I'll drag those along, do some tire-swap-test work....

suppose yer bringin yer motorhome? We are at the Hotel Attica for 3 nites...or, that's the plan right now....unless one of our white-trash trailer buddies drags a 5th down with spare space....

tire test would be nice, i was thinking of trying the 35 krawlers in place of the 37 swampers. both are beadlocked so i can run them real low.
as for the rv...still not sure what to do on that front. i was thinking the hotel would be nice for some good food and cold beers, but the rv could produce that same feel i guess. i am bringing one bu with and may have the front bed open for you and your wife. if that helps yopu let me know and it might sway my rv or no rv vote. but either way, i am heading down.

but i sure do like that bar and the prime rib.......did i mention prime rib?.......

Goebs

and no i didn't see the last tire and wheel set up. it's been a bad year for wheelin but then again you change your stuff too fast for me!

heading north again this weekend. one of these days you have to make the trip up!

A pint (of beer) is a pound (in england, a dollar in the US?)

Hey Goebs, halfway is around Arlington Hts area. And, this week I'm batching (bach'ing?) it because the wifey and kids are in Michigan with the family.
So, this week would be great if it works for you, pick a night and lets meet. I'll see if Mike Payne is interested, he's in the area (he rode with you when we were at Badlands last year). I think Tuesday (tomorrow) may be his best day.

There's O'Gradys, or in Schaumburg there is Prairie Rock, RAM...

By the way, I may not make Badlands this coming weekend.

Kenton

Goebeler said:
Kenton,
Words from the wise........Tempt fate my son.

Don't we need to have a cold one soon?! We need a half way point between c-lake and greenoaks

Goebs

Believe I actually finished assembly on mine Saturday morning....trans cooler re-plumb'd and a temp sensor installed, PS re-plumb'd and the pump replaced, water bottle holders installed :D and the vinyl on the Corbeau's cleaned even....scary...

pimp that with a fresh paint job, new hood stickarage, and new tires/rims...no one will even recognize the truck anymore (probably a good thing)

We are planning to arrive Thurs evening at the Hotel Attica (downtown) around 11pm or so....wheelin Fri/Sat for sure, Sun optional...

Goebs, ya wheelin Fri or just the weekend? ('spose I can drag the 80 out for a recovery rig if I had too...lol) We are headed down alone for the weekend.

Kenton, bummer yer gonna skip...PM me with your addy/phone info and I'll plan to run by on Sun for the bumper dealio.

Bache'in I believe is correct...

no clue if/how I can pack a 2nd set of tires with me....not sure I'll even try it, may just have the 37's for this trip...

Hey Woody;

We are looking for some guys to run Mission Impossible this Sat. so we can shoot a promotional video. If you guys are interested in running some of it let me know. There will be no charge other than your fee at the park!

Chuck, I'm SO SO SO in!!

ya won't recognize the truck...LOTS of changes since we ponded it last time :D

i am thinking friday late leave, woody...as for mission impossible, i might have a problem with the front birfield elim snapping and be fooked. I am tired of that setup and think I need to tube the entire cruiser. I am just broke now thanks to a recent car purchase. not to mention I unlike Chris, would drown! It sure would be worth a college try.

as for room and board. I am thinking the Hotel may be in order.

Goebs

Kenton,
I am getting some nasty shots in my knee in hopes of making it feel better wednesday afternoon. I might be up for a couple of cold ones to ease the pain. Send me some directions and your tele. I thought you were close to Fox Lake or McHenry. One of these days I need to buy a local map!

Goebs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom