Badge/Emblem mounting advice - 70s series FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, i'm new here. This likely has been covered before, but can't find it. I've got a 1971 BJ40 - bit of a Frankenstein has it has an '85 B3 diesel in the old frame. None of the emblems/badging remain, so i'm mounting replacements since someone repainted it. I have what is advertised at OEM emblems, and i know how to get the front/rear stuff done. But for the LandCruiser emblems that go on either side of hood... does anyone have recommendations for how to get these to hold? They are plastic, with no real attachment on studs/back and with that diesel shaking so much not sure how long they will hold if i don't get creative. Thanks

You might want to look at what SOR has posted on them.

161-04a-mounts[1].jpg

If you have a 71 BJ40 what market is it from? 71 would use metal emblems. Those are still available new. The 200 series Heritage edition has them. That being said I show the first BJ40 in 2/74. Would appear you have a FJ40 converted to a BJ or you have a newer model. 74 was the first year to switch to plastic emblems. It was also the only year with plastic emblems and clearance lights on the aprons. The original plastic emblems used studs. I have a 76 and 79 I should source new emblems for. Guess I will find out of Toyota has switched to adhesive verse stud like on modern vehicles. The adhesive does make it easier to remove emblems like you see so many do today. Remember the family car back in the sixties even the dealer's added emblems was chromed pot metal mounted with holes drilled in the truck lid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom