Badge DE-Engineering! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, if the Land Cruiser 300 gets sent to the key world markets EXCEPT the US I say that the real big boys will buy a new 300 Series Lexus LX and order the body parts/grill, steering wheel, and other trim to debadge the Lexus LX into a Land Cruiser. Who cars if is takes $10k of of imported parts to make a Lexus into a Toyota. That is a serious Land Cruiser fan!!!!!

Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RKTINC.

I am in as long LC300 is made in JAPAN!

If it is built in Mexico or Texas or Alabama.... forgetabout!

The 200 series LX was a lot more than badge engineering. This would work more easily on a Tahoe to Yukon to Escalade than on a 300. Unless you plan on stripping out AHC, adding KDSS, swapping interior trim etc

The 200 series LX was a lot more than badge engineering. This would work more easily on a Tahoe to Yukon to Escalade than on a 300. Unless you plan on stripping out AHC, adding KDSS, swapping interior trim etc
Na, just a few sheet metal and plastic parts should do it. Fenders, Hood, Bumpers, headlights, Taillights, etc. The airbag could be swapped out to make sure the inside looks right. All the Lexus goodies are fine with me. It would be an expensive process, but very cool.

I was thinking about this as well. If the Land Cruiser isn't imported here then maybe they won't spend as much effort making the LX look different, and it'll be minimal de-badging efforts to make it appear like the LC the rest of the world is getting. If so, I won't be too upset about them choosing to not import the Land Cruiser nameplate. I mean honestly I would much rather drive a 200 series LX over a 200 LC because of the few luxuries they have over the LC, but I choose to have the LC only because of the nameplate. So it would be the best of both worlds to have the LX goodies with LC looks.

The LX is still sold alongside the LC in many different markets. I doubt they are gonna do something like this for American buyers. The reality is that the US is the smallest market for the LC/LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom