Backup cam APB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IIRC there are some empty plugs under the console

As stated above has brightness and contrast control and no 1/8 pwr Look at the pic on the box if the reciever has 2 or 4 buttons

Easy on the egnogg there Santa:beer:

I went to look at the Costco one, found it. $89. It's the wireless version but it has only 2 buttons. How useful is it to have the extra features? Should I pass?

Also this is wide angle I imagine. Is the distortion weird enough that it couldn't be readily used as a useful "rock spotter" on the front you think?

WM must have a rare new batch then. I looked around and didn't see any mention anywhere of a 4 button receiver, including on the VR3 Roadmaster and on the Walmart web sites....

So, do these extra controls make it worth waiting for?

The Costco here in Silverdale, WA has the upgraded version for $89. Easy sell with the :princess: when you mention the safety factor, i.e. blind spot and our newborn!

The Costco here in Silverdale, WA has the upgraded version for $89. Easy sell with the :princess: when you mention the safety factor, i.e. blind spot and our newborn!
Not to mention the kitty(heh heh heh)

talked to their tech support.

one thing worth mentioning. They said that you should NOT keep the camera on all the time (what I was planning to do) because it can overheat and get damaged. Monitor on all the time is fine though. Bummer, that means more wiring and no use as front rock camera....

Also said that they are making both 2 and 4 buttons version, but the 4 buttons one is limited to some big retailers (WM etc). Said will eventually stop making the 4 cuz the difference in image quality is not significant.

Could somebody who has a 4 button comment on how useful the brightness and contrast controls are (day vs night etc...)? TIA.

how does one recognize the updated version from the outside?
You can see 4 buttons on the reciver in the picture on the box

why do you keep on repeating this?
Tetterts :D

Thought somone was asking musta been looking at the bottom of P1
just doin my part

Could somebody who has a 4 button comment on how useful the brightness and contrast controls are (day vs night etc...)? TIA.

Why do you keep on repeating this?:confused:

;) :grinpimp:

Why do you keep on repeating this?:confused:

;) :grinpimp:

cuz nobody answered yet?

added: my local Costco now has the 4 button display (at $90 vs $98 at Walmart).

Last edited:
talked to their tech support.

one thing worth mentioning. They said that you should NOT keep the camera on all the time (what I was planning to do) because it can overheat and get damaged. Monitor on all the time is fine though. Bummer, that means more wiring and no use as front rock camera....
You probably could get away with it if you added a switch and just turn it on when needed. The radio transmitter is likely what causes the overheating. Probably not designed with enough heat dissipation for continuous operation.

You probably could get away with it if you added a switch and just turn it on when needed. The radio transmitter is likely what causes the overheating. Probably not designed with enough heat dissipation for continuous operation.
For what it's worth:
I've kept mine on all the time for a coupla months of normal use now.Nothing has blown up yet. Heck I have the reciept handy just in case heh heh heh.
I doubt the fxxxing cam's teeny weeny electronics actually overheat as much as they dont want to get sued by some lame driver blaming the little TV on the dash for distracting him(or more likely her:rolleyes:) and suing the company because they got hit by a phone pole.I love this country's legal system it's so balanced.....
If you do want to make the bad cam not torch you can always use the power feed from the back up lamp eh pumpkin?
I personally love watching the"what's behind you"ultimate reality show while driving and I have yet to run over a single ex wife because of it.There's always tomorrow.
And hey they're only 90 clams :that's chump change in the Cruiser fantaic's budget.We spend more than that on screws,right guys??
Rock on!
PS Im a poser my cruiser does not even know how rocks smell. It s a prissy brute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom