Backfiring 60--- Lean Carb? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

Quick question (Hopefully):

My 60, will backfire for a block or two after giving it gas and shifting until it has warmed up a bit, then the backfiring goes and... is this due to my carb running too lean.. someone mentioned that might be my problem... any thougths?

Rob

Jim C rebuild time?

Is there a moderately easy way to adjust how rich it is running without a rebuild, although it probably needs it.

Rob

Get yourself 1/2 gal of Chemtool Carbdip and a good kit from the Autoparts store and an old bathtowel and do it yourself. I'm a moron and I did it. It's just replacing parts except for the float level adjustment and the idle mixture screw. Carbdip...18.00,carb kit...14.95, two hours time proving to yourself that you can do it...you know

Rob,

There are a few reasons this is happening:

1. your carb needs to be rebuilt

2. your carb needs to be rebuilt

3. your carb needs to be rebuilt

Seriously, though, the truck has a bunch of miles on it, and LC carbs are notorious for gumming up if you don't drive them alot or get on them enough.

Try the old italian tune up. Fill it full of junk and head up a mountain in 3rd with your foot into it. IT'll clean out the carbon and pull the gunk from the carb. YOu might also check your PCV valve, your Air cleaner, and that you don't have any vacuum leaks.

I'll be down in a week or two and we can take a look.

Easy way would be to have Jim C. rebuild it, but then you've got the header question, etc, looming over your head.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom