Back up camera, how to disguise it after putting aftermarket wheel and tire on spare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I have a 2012 FJ with the back up camera in the middle of the spare. I am mounting a new wheel and tire on there and was wondering if any of you had any ideas on how to "disguise" the camera housing that sticks out a good 5 inches. I was thinking a larger center cap like from an 8 lug truck and then dremel a hole in the bottom so the camera still works. The housing is ugly if I just left it there in the middle of my nice new spare. So I wanna hide it and still have a useable camera.

Any ideas?
Thanks, June Bennett
Cheyenne WY

OMG! thanks so much, that looks so much better than what I was thinking! I will just use the center cap that comes with that wheel!

Thanks, June Bennett
Cheyenne WY

Well he did provide the web address... :)

just a test post I wanted to see if my pic would show up

Last edited:
Well here is what he said....

Hi. Here is a link with a couple of photos of how two guys did theirs. There are some others that are similar, but you'd have to search around a bit or ask about them over there. I know of one that cut a hole in the bottom of a center cap and mounted the camera so that you could look at it from behind and not even know it was there. The "blue" room forum as it's called is pretty good for a lot of info. I'm 1/2mill90 over there. I had to look up where you live as I hadn't heard of that town. I'm in Rock Springs. Jim

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...up-camera.html

Well excuse me. I was looking for some more info and was going to post up but I had a death in the family, my Father, and was a little busy. You know I could have been sending that PM because it was someone I knew since we are both from WY. I could have been asking a question or any number of things. You had no idea what was going on until she posted that I had tried to help. I'll be sure to okay it with you before I PM someone again.

Here is where to find the info.

www.fjcruiserforums.com

search and I"m sure things can be found.

None of the links worked, but it sounds like a cool idea so I'll now have to do a google search to satisfy my curiosity! :D

-Daniel

Yeah, I didnt want to jump into the middle of anything, but none of the links worked for me either, and I searched as much as my skillz would allow and came up with nothing.

I do know over here www.fjcruiserforums.com I read a thread that had the manufacture and part # to a after-market wheel center cap and how to trim it down to work perfect, but didnt need it at that time. Now that I do, I cannot find it for anything and was hoping that was what this was linking to..?

I drilled my cap out when I installed a back-up camera on my '07 but the new ones where they are installed in the tire cover is another thing, I guess. I've not looked at one close enough to know...

^^^ Nice...thanks!

-Daniel

I drilled my cap out when I installed a back-up camera on my '07 but the new ones where they are installed in the tire cover is another thing, I guess. I've not looked at one close enough to know...
HI I need to figure out how to hide my camra do I buy a cap?

another win for the blue room?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom