Axial yeti build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
So, my son won a Yeti build kit at the King of the hammers in Feb. We're working on building it right now and I've picked up a ton of parts including a 4 channel remote and a 2 speed gearbox.

My question is what brushed motor to run? With the 2 speed transmission, it looks like I can go down to a 27 or 20 turn motor and it'll go fairly fast and still be able to crawl. Does that sound about right? My son already has a go fast car, so he really wants this for crawling instead of speed (although, both is always fun)

+1 for Holmes Hobbies. John Holmes has forgotten more about electric motors in the last 10 min, than any 3 of us would ever know in a lifetime! Seriously though, John has developed some of the best, purpose built, RC motors in the industry. Brushed or brushless, an HH unit is money well spent. Drop him a line ( Contact Us ) and tell him what you're looking for, and he'll steer you in the right direction.

My personal Yeti set up is a Tekin Pro4 Sensored Brushless with a Castle Creation Mamba Monster ESC, running 3S LiPo. Stupid fast! A new HH sensored brushless motor is on the list of upgrades.

If you haven't already, check out www.rccrawler.com for gobs of info. Think of it as the IH8MUD of the RC world!

Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom