Average Used GX 460 Price/Mileage in Southeast (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gray Rider

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking at 2013's.
Found a dozen or so 2012 to 2014's within 200 miles of Charlotte NC.
Avg Price = $25,000
Avg Miles = 90,000 miles

Sound about right, Milt? :)

Yes it does.

:)

I just paid $31k for a 2013 Premium w/ 51k miles & ML Audio/Headrest DVDs. It had dealer service records since new and was in good shape. I think it was only a fair deal, not great, but these are getting harder to find with that mileage and service history...especially close enough to me where a fly-in, drive back wasn't required. I really wanted a pre-facelift as well, so it all made sense.

I purchased my 2013 GX 460 Premium in May 2018 with 38,000 miles for $32,000 from a Lexus dealer here in So Cal.
It was owned by a little Korean mom. I know this because the power seat memory for position 1 and I about crushed my knees into the dash when I pressed it, it had Korean stations on the satellite radio and there were some little trinkets from toys.
That being said, I would bet that the sunroof was never used and it was NEVER off-roaded. 👏
It even had the plastic still on the door sill and behind the door handles!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys/gals. It goes without saying here, as it does on the 80 and 100's forums: The maintenance records are gold.
I will gladly pay more for a documented maintained vehicle.

Jack Sparrow: Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please sir.
Norrington: I don't see your ship, Captain.
Jack Sparrow: I'm in the market, as it were.

That said, I'm in the market...........

Well, mine is getting returned to Carmax. I had an independent shop inspect it after purchase and they found signs of an accident (hood, fender and bumper re-paint along w/ new parts). This did not show up on any reports I pulled. May not be an issue to some folks, but I'd rather start with a vehicle that hasn't been banged up yet. According to the mechanic, it also had an oil leak hat covered from the oil filter housing to the back of the engine. May be something as simple as a filter gasket, but he didn't dig into it, just reported his findings. I would investigate it myself and see if it was an easy fix, but I'm still hung up on the accident.

I guess it goes to show that clean reports and impeccable service records only count for so much. The search continues!

Did the accident show on Carfax or did you get to see a Carfax?

Did the accident show on Carfax or did you get to see a Carfax?

Autocheck (what CarMax uses) showed no accidents. However, I did purchase a Carfax after I had purchased it from Carmax (for added peace of mind and knowing they have a 7-day return policy) and it does show front end damage, which the shop confirmed. I was just unsure the extent of it. However, the Carfax did not show any body shop visits or activity, neither did any records I could find, although they probably show in detail on records that insurance companies have access to.

I may have been ok with a touched up bumper, but a replacement/re-paint of the bumper, hood, headlight, fender and other front end parts was a bit more than I was comfortable with. The trouble with the reports is that they don't really go into detail if damage is reported.

Last edited:
roger that....

One thing that I've not seen yet is, what trim level are you looking at?
That may sway price a wee bit also.

I picked up a 13’ Base 460 with 81k miles in Dallas last July for $23,000.

Clean car fax, 1 owner, and service every 5 k at Sewell.

Original price was 25,500 I think.

Posts #12 and #13 look like solid data and good values.

Autocheck (what CarMax uses) showed no accidents. However, I did purchase a Carfax after I had purchased it from Carmax (for added peace of mind and knowing they have a 7-day return policy) and it does show front end damage, which the shop confirmed. I was just unsure the extent of it. However, the Carfax did not show any body shop visits or activity, neither did any records I could find, although they probably show in detail on records that insurance companies have access to.

I may have been ok with a touched up bumper, but a replacement/re-paint of the bumper, hood, headlight, fender and other front end parts was a bit more than I was comfortable with. The trouble with the reports is that they don't really go into detail if damage is reported.
Geez... similar stories with autocheck garbage reports.
Bought my 2010 gx at a car max in 2016 - only after a Carfax report (I paid for) revealed regular maintenance not on the autocheck. Skip forward to last week - was about to buy an almost new a5 at a car max with a clean autocheck, but at the last minute pulled a Carfax- significant damage history revealed! Walked out of, and will likely never walk back in to, Carmax.

My 2012 Gx460 premium was a 1 owner, all maintenance records at a Lexus dealer, 42k miles, $28k purchase price. Also already had new front brake pads, new tires and differential oil changed out per the car fax.

2016 Premium
1 owner lease. 2 small incidents reported, no airbags deployed either time. Dealership put it on the rack and let me crawl under it. Couldn't find a turned bolt on any structural members, and only found replaced plastics.
42k miles and I paid $32k. Those two little reports saved me about $6k

Last edited:
I'd say "JUMP ON IT"!!!!!
Around May last year (2018) I purchased my 2013 GX Premium with 38,000 miles for $32,000, and I thought that was a screaming deal!
It was owned by a small Korean mom (memory seat went so far forward, it buckled my knees, Sirius/XM had Korean stations set and leftover kids toy trinkets between the seats).
So I know my GX never had the sunroof opened, never put in 4 Low or used any of the other Premium features on the center console, still had the plastic on the door sills and behind the outside door handle grabs.
And the minor cosmetic issues there were, the Lexus dealership I purchased from took care of. I felt like I was in a new car when I picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom