Auxiliary lights on stock front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to add a pair of round driving lights to the front of my stock 80. Anyone have any install or bracket recommendations? Pictures of you install welcome!;)

cheapo hellas, just drilled holes in the bumper.
r3.jpg

I wanted to fit big Hella 4000 Luminators but they were too deep to just bolt straight onto the stock bumper.

Just went for the easy option of bolting a small strip of steel onto the bumper and bolting the lamps to that. Thought they would vibrate like crazy but 3 years on with no issues. Just use a decent thickness of steel strip.

Best picture I've got. :)

Jamie
land cruiser towing.jpg

^ hella 4k's fit just fine on my 95+ bumper

IMG_7959.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

I used a pc of 3/4" square aluminum tubing bolted to the stk bumper bolt holes which I then used to mount my driving lights.
IMG_2255.JPG

^ hella 4k's fit just fine on my 95+ bumper

Thats strange! I wonder if they've either changed the lights or the later bumper is deeper...

I'll take a better photo of mine when the gf brings the truck back.
I've sure even now with the small brackets the rear of the lamps is still pretty close to the grill. :confused:

Jamie

IMG_2439.jpg

I also have my Hella 4000 bolted to the bumper. I had to mod them to fit because the bumper is to close to the grill.

What I did was drilling two new mounting holes above the original holes in the light housing. Then the lights go a bit further from the grill and lower closer to the bumper.

I think thats the nicest looking 80 I've ever seen! :)

Any other photos of it anywhere? Guessing thats not an OEM colour?

Jamie

Heres what I've done. Grille will be stainless weave, so it will cover them but won't obstruct the light output.

This is the light bar, mounts to top of frame rails into existing holes>
DSCN1826.jpg

Mounted with lights. Hella 550's fit really well since they are a thin light.
DSCN1835.jpg
DSCN1826.jpg
DSCN1835.jpg

I wanted to fit big Hella 4000 Luminators but they were too deep to just bolt straight onto the stock bumper.

Just went for the easy option of bolting a small strip of steel onto the bumper and bolting the lamps to that. Thought they would vibrate like crazy but 3 years on with no issues. Just use a decent thickness of steel strip.

Best picture I've got. :)

Jamie
Nice house, Jamie! :eek:

I think thats the nicest looking 80 I've ever seen! :)
It is definitely one of them, if not the best looking one! ;)

I mounted Hella 500's on the top of the bumper. They are shallow and don't stick out forward of the bumper, and good value at around $75. I also upgraded the bulbs from the H3 55W to H3 100W, upgrading wiring and fuses too. Very happy with the light output. Truck.jpg

Good luck!:beer:
Truck.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2439.jpg

I also have my Hella 4000 bolted to the bumper. I had to mod them to fit because the bumper is to close to the grill.

What I did was drilling two new mounting holes above the original holes in the light housing. Then the lights go a bit further from the grill and lower closer to the bumper.
Very nice step - what beam pattern are you using? I have Hella 500's but am thinking of going to the larger diameter light for more output.

Very nice step - what beam pattern are you using? I have Hella 500's but am thinking of going to the larger diameter light for more output.

I'll chime in since I have the same setup.

Bright!
IMG_2365.jpg

Although I have hid's in my 4ks.

Those certainly are bright and looks like good side dispersion too. Is it the 'euro beam' pattern?

Yes, they are the Euro Beams.

I guess I´m using what you call "Euro" beam. Here Hella offers three patterns, spot, driving and fog. I´m using the driving beam with 6000K HID kit. I used to have the spot lights, but then I had a little accident and broke both the lights. Then I bought the driving beam and I like them a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom