Auto Machine Shop in Tucson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Does anybody know of a good auto machine shop in Tucson, one that may be familar with Landcruiser engines? There's a lot of places in the phone book, but instead of rolling the dice and picking one I was hoping someone in the area had some experience. I can do all the wrench work on it, I just want a machine shop that I can trust.

Thanks,

GlenBA

What do you need done? I don't know any "machine shops" but I do have a good mechanic who helps me out when I don't have the time or tools to do it myself.
I'll ask around next week at work and let you know. :cheers:

What do you need done?

My 200K+ 3FE spun a con rod bearing. :crybaby: So I'm pulling it and tearing it down this week to check what else needs to be done besides the crank. At a minimum, boring, decking, and a valve job. At the worse, add a cam which means new lifters and possibly new cam bearings.

Should be fun, haven't rebuild an engine this size in almost 1/4 of a century. :eek:

Thanks,

GlenBA

Call Ron at Calypso Automotive 326-5358
He owns the shop and his boys Jim and Doug work there. All good mechanics. If they can't help you maybe they can point you in the right direction.
They are not the cheapest in town, but they know what they are doing and won't tell you a bunch of BS. Tell them I refered you and your truck is like mine, but with the earlier motor.
If you end up going to their shop, I work next door at Ferguson, look me up :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom