Auto locker in the front - ok? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been wondering about the possibility of putting an automatic locker, suck as a lock right, in the front axle. I was considering doing an e-locker from an 80 series, but I'm not sure about the modifications to the housing and new axle (longer splines) needed. So, should there be any problem with putting a lock right in the front, as far as killing the birfields? I'm planning on getting aftermarket birfields (btw, which ones are "best"? I've been looking at the super birfields - I like the free replacement policy). With the extra strength of the new birfields, would my front axle live with a lock right? I've got 33 inch tires and a healthy V8, but as long as I'm careful, maybe? Thanks for any advice,

Travis

Yeah, just make sure to keep the front hub's unlocked when not offroading. Also, the "best" birfs would be longfields IMO. Just make sure try not turn/reverse with power or any of the other things that like to explode birfs

Longfields - http://www.toyotasuperaxles.com

The EZ-Lock with the longfields and 33's should overall last you quite well. I've got 38.5's with a 350 and Longfields and while I haven't had them out much yet, they have held up well on two hard trips. The prior Newfields didn't fare as well.

Your new weak link will be the short side inner axle shaft...just so ya know....lol

hey woody do you think i will need to upgrade to longs...35's, lockright, 2f??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom