Autel MX TPMS Codes from box? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again Mud,

I just had new rims put on with new Autel MX TPMS sensors I have the boxes the sensors came in and thought I could pull the code from the box and input it into carista, but I am having some issues. Is there something I am overlooking to get the hex code from the box itself? They all seem to have individual codes printed on the outside, but it isn't a 7 digit hex like the stock ones. I tried the first and last 7 thinking it was something universal for other vehicles. Any advice would be appreciated.

20220606_161135.jpg

The sensors require programming so they go from 'generic' to 'matched' to the TPMS in your vehicle (in this case a Gen 1 TLC).
When they are programmed, you can input a specific code, or have the TPMS assigned a random, compatible code. In either case, the programmer will tell you the code. You can then put it in Techstream or Carista and add to the TLC TPMS ECU, or if you used an existing (clone) code, no change is required as long as you removed the original TPMS sensor with that ID/Code.

Ok, gotcha. I don't have the Autel tool because I just assumed I could get the code from the sensors and pop them in Carista. So I guess they will have to go to a shop to get a code programmed into them and then just match the carista codes with the ones they read, if I understand correctly. I just assumed I could take the box code and punch it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom