Australian 70 Series owners... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do Australian 70 series have "VIN" numbers? My HZJ73 is a JDM, but was in New Zealand for a time apparently and received an assigned 17 digit VIN (doesn't match USA VIN format) when it was registered there. I was looking at one of the troopies at the Fit Garage the other day and thought I saw the same assigned VIN thing, only from an Australian state. Is this true for all Aussie trucks?

Do Australian 70 series have "VIN" numbers? My HZJ73 is a JDM, but was in New Zealand for a time apparently and received an assigned 17 digit VIN (doesn't match USA VIN format) when it was registered there. I was looking at one of the troopies at the Fit Garage the other day and thought I saw the same assigned VIN thing, only from an Australian state. Is this true for all Aussie trucks?
Yes. 1985 and newer rigs all have a VIN (vehicle identification number). 40 series are the last that don't have VIN numbers, they have chassis numbers.

Not sure on the VIN difference on JDM imported to Australia vs Australia market vehicles.

mine is an Australian market BJ74, these are the 2 tags
BA58EFB2-08B6-4099-A2DC-F2FE160FEE14.jpeg
AC447D36-4B43-4846-A0D8-652D03EBDBBF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom