Aussie Rubbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,i need some help.I know this discussions has been had before,however,i need my fellow country men(and ladies) to help me out.
I need to replace my door rubbers(front and rear ambulance) and i know genuine Toyota are avaliable(at a cost).However it seems aftermarket rubbers are readily available on the Aussie market(and they are inexpensive).Has anyone had exprience with these rubbers,any fee back would be great.

Hi
Just been through the rubber doors seals process and this is what I found.

Found some new rear Amby door rubbers on eBay from the USA and was told they were OEM. I was told a lie as they turned out to be cheap Chinese copy's that fitted were they touched and were hard and lumpy in places .
Next I brought a set of front door rubbers from All 4x4.
These rubbers look good and appear to fit the door well. They are soft and look as though they will give a good seal.
I'm still about a month away on build before I fit the front doors so these rubbers are in the box of parts still to be fitted.
Next and just buy chance Toyota were delivering some parts to me when the driver asked if I had the set of back door Amby rubbers?
I told him the story and he tells me they have a set on the shelf .
With the back door rubbers sorted I'm now set . OEM do fit nice.
While all this is going on Nat is doing her own research and finds and buys me a set of OEM new front door rubbers .
So yes some after market are good and some are not so good but you can not do better than OEM.
It all comes down to money and what your expectations of the vehicle are. But remember That the Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.

I have done some research into the the rubber adhesive and found a Permatec product designed for this application.
I also found a clip on YouTube on how to fit door rubbers . It's worth watching .
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Pete can you put the link up for the vid. I will be interested to see how they go.

There are places like rare spares and Scott's (in Melbourne).

I haven't dealt with rubber 'kits' from 4x4 World and Don Kyatt.

When it comes time, I'll source as much OEM as possible and then work on the rest.

Dan

Hi Ken
Hi All
I knew I would be asked for the link . Re gluing door rubbers.
Sadly I have no access to You tube here in China. Why ? Or as the Chinese would say Timber Dong ( meaning No Idea why )
If you jog my memory on my return Friday 6 Feb I will attempt to find the link.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Hi All,its always nice to save a few dollars and at time after market stuff will do a "as good" job.I think on this occassion OEM door seals will be the go.I guess that every time i open or close a door it would play on my mind.
My car is not a show car,but sometimes the little details make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom