August 19 East Coast Pig Run 06' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can count me in (Will). This will be my first trip, so just need specifics on camping and such. I'll be going up Friday pm.

Last edited:
Snap,

You might see about caravaning with H2O who also lives in that Hell Hole we call DC.

snapnski said:
You can count me in (Will). This will be my first trip, so just need specifics on camping and such. I'll be going up Friday pm.

What specifics do you need?

I plan on coming up early Friday am and meeting up with whoever is wheeling at Rausch. Should I bring some corn? There is a local market where it is really sweet. I can bring up the stuff to cook it on the coals.

1973fj40 said:
I plan on coming up early Friday am and meeting up with whoever is wheeling at Rausch. Should I bring some corn? There is a local market where it is really sweet. I can bring up the stuff to cook it on the coals.

sounds good... I am bringing a grill to cook burgers and such so...

i might come down friday night and wheel saturday as long as i dont break my zuk too bad this weekend at paragon;p somebody would wheel some blacks with me right??:D

Thanks for the info Wayneraintree. I'll be leaving from DC around 6 pm on Friday if anybody wants to caravan, but I'm flexible. Hope the traffic isn't too bad. I would like to wheel my stock truck on Sunday if anyone is interested.

Hopefully you can count me in for Friday - I'm just crackin' away at my pig this weekend!

-Tyler

Jeff,

Can you post directions to the camping area at RC?

76FJ40 said:
Jeff,

Can you post directions to the camping area at RC?

The thing to do is to find Lynn at the entrance and ask her or call my cell phone (859 250 0502) so I can come down to the entrance. I will be getting there earlier on Thursday than I originally expected so I can possibly post a sign or two if Lynn OK's it..

As I understand it, it is directly up the moutain from the regular camping area about 100yds. but I am not sure which trail to use so... look for signs, everyone is free to call me, or ask Lynn.

This is going to be a pretty darn good showing of 55's and other Toy4X4's:beer:

I'm trying to make it out Friday night to wheel on Saturday. Still need to get a hall pass from the GF and to catch up on some much neglected maintenance.
:beer:

Wayneraintree said:
there will be a stock and modified ride.... of course:flipoff2:

alright nevermind...i popped my head gasket on the way up to paragon friday night, and the head's at least warped too if not cracked:doh: ....found another engine, but it wont be here for a while:crybaby:

Wayneraintree said:
The thing to do is to find Lynn at the entrance and ask her or call my cell phone (859 250 0502) so I can come down to the entrance. I will be getting there earlier on Thursday than I originally expected so I can possibly post a sign or two if Lynn OK's it..

As I understand it, it is directly up the moutain from the regular camping area about 100yds. but I am not sure which trail to use so... look for signs, everyone is free to call me, or ask Lynn.

This is going to be a pretty darn good showing of 55's and other Toy4X4's:beer:

After you pass the PortaPotties heading away from office, take the first right, up the hill. There's a clearing off to the left as you go up the hill. That's our spot.

here's a pic from Lynn's site:

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/images/campmap.pdf

:bounce2: Wahooooo!!:bounce: It's getting close. Can't wait. So what is total tally of rigs making their way to coal country? Hey Bob, bring your winch incase I pick another stupid line.:doh:
Chris

zucruisers said:
alright nevermind...i popped my head gasket on the way up to paragon friday night, and the head's at least warped too if not cracked:doh: ....found another engine, but it wont be here for a while:crybaby:

Time to slip some Toyota running gear under that Zuk:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Blue77FJ40 said:
Time to slip some Toyota running gear under that Zuk:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

i have more toyota parts than you do:flipoff2:

...toy axle swaps for a zuk...yes, engine...nooooo...i like my all aluminum 150# 1.3l;p

Pig run stuff

Might be a long post, will try to address all the open issues in the four pages of posts, at least as far as my memory allows!!!! First, directions to Rausch Creek..........can be a bastard to find if you don't have a clue. For those coming on I-81, take exit 107 for route 209. Take route 209 toward Tower City/Joliett for about 1 mile. When entering the small town of Jolieet make the first left turn, drive appx 150 yards and bear to the left at the odd intersection.......drive up over the crest of the hill on a winding road and down the other side. Look for the entrance to Rausch Creek on your right. I believe the entrance is less than two miles from where you turn off route 209. No signs anywhere that I know of.

And a note..............we will at the SUV park- not the ATV/mototrcycle park that is very cloe to the intersection of route 209 and I-81. If you can see the offroad park from route 209 you're at the wrong place!!!!!!!!

I have an idea where the campground Jeff talks about is located but have never seen it personally. Sounds easy to find (heh, heh, heh.....). I don't think there will be too many people camping there Thursday other than our people and I'd be willing to be anyone arriving Thursday could camp in the normal camping area on the main road into the wheeling area.

The jeep group last year didn't bother us at all. Don't confuse this gathering of jeepers with the jeep jeamborees that are held all over the country. We didn't see any traffic jams last year and I don't expect many/maybe any this year. Two years ago the jeep group was there and we watched while several of them limped past us at an intersection. They had a rash of front axle problems at that time.

Looks to me like eleven pigs are spoken for and one or two more may just be able to make it.I have a feeling it will be the best turnout yet both for pigs and all Toyota participants. We started four years ago with six trucks- most if not all of those six will be there this weekend. Matt Reed was the trail leader that year in his FJ40 at Paragon and we had a blast. The last two years we wheeled at Rausch Creek and those years were also a blast. This year is shaping up to be the best ever.

Personally I am wheeling Paragon Friday and the (unofficial) official pig run Saturday at Rausch Creek. There is a 4Runner jamboree at Paragon this weekend and there will be a lot of neat Toys at Paragon. Anyone who wants to join us at Paragon are welcome to meet in the registration are 'bout 8:30, I'd like to have the groups in the staging area by 9:15 ready to go. We can break down into two or more gorups if necessary. Jeff is gonna wheel RC Friday and anyone wanting to join him is welcome to do so.

Saturday at Rausch Creek..........typically we try to get the pigs gathered as early as possible (8AM) in the staging area to get some group shots. Might need a wide angle camera this year!!!!! We'd like to be of and into the park for wheeling by 8:45 hopefully a bit earlier. We'll have some stock rigs on small tires and some fairly capable rigs so at least two groups will be probable. Anyone knowledgeable enough about RC and willing to be a trail leader step to the front!!!!!

Questions- until Thursday night you can call me at home 570-668-2489 (not too late, OK???) or email me shmukter@pa.metrocast.net. Hope to see a good turnout this weekend so see ya on the trail.............Gary S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom