Events/Trails Aug 7-9,2020 The Commuter Triangle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure where that is. between Nordegg and the trail head?

Correct. So you'll need to come up through the Brazeau Dam area or find another route. Keep checking in with Alberta 511 closer to the date.

Screenshot_20200710-094058.png

By clicking on the little symbol on the map it gives you more info.

the bridge is good, but the road is washed out 5km north of the river. Easy drive around with any of our trucks though, did it last weekend pulling my trail trailer.

my bet is it is fixed before we go through. There is a huge amount of industry back there and they need easy access to their sites so road repairs will be pretty high priority.

3AE37E88-A587-44DC-A1AE-508EE33DB086.png

74936A4A-1609-4E69-85AC-4C820CD99ADD.png

Would anyone object to me bringing a noob?

Truck is a tight '85 4runner, small lift, 32'' A/Ts, open/open, some extra metal where it counts. I'll make sure he's as prepared as possible, have been lending a hand getting it sorted last couple months. Guy is very new but has good attitude and the ambition of youth.

We should do the Cardinal Divide from Grave Flats to Cadomin to get back to Hinton area. Great views and nice easy drive.

I’ll be there Friday evening as I have to work on Friday. If I sneak out the back door of the shop a bit early I can be there around 6:30-7:00 and I’ll wait at the ruby kiosk for someone to show me the camping spot.

Looking closer at the itinerary I see that we don't plan on camping at Ruby Lake. That's pretty important for Tara and I, so if a guy wanted to spend a night at Ruby Lake, where and when would I meet up with you guys? Catch you on the radio on Saturday sometime? We could pack up Saturday Am and meet you at the Falls?

I may crash the party as well. Been a long time since I've wheeled with many of you. Will probably be somewhere with Jeremy most likely camping somewhere. I'll have to head to work on Sunday but should be a good time.

It looks like I'm going to crash the party as well. Is there a meeting spot for the Brazeau area? Looking to head up Thursday night to meet up with everyone for Friday.

As of this morning I am officially out. I worked all weekend trying to tie things together but I had a client make a substantial change this morning that will prevent me from being away this weekend. The rains here put us so far behind in construction. Ugh! I'm so pissed but that's how it goes sometimes.

Anyways, if I can I'll leave at anytime and try to hook up with the convoy but its unlikely. If I do so, I will try and connect for a parts/things order if needed. I think it will be a great time , rewarding and challenging. I was so excited to go.

That's a bummer Dean.

I think we are still going to skip the friday segment and meet with the group on saturday. Probably at the bottom of the hill to ruby lake. Not sure what time to meet you guys there. I will time our drive in on thursday and add that to a 9AM departure?

Sorry Dean. So,m that begs the question. Who is in?

Who is in for Friday? If its just me all lonesome like should we just call it a 2 day wheeling trip? Camp at Ruby Friday night, Saturday wheel Ruby. Sunday Brule? We c0uld even camp at the same spot at grave flats and do Cardinal Divide to Brule and sandy goodness wheeling Sunday AM.

I am in and will be arriving on Friday evening.

Emma is a solid maybe.

If anyone has a particular camp spot they dream about, post a screen shot of the location and we can meet there on Friday evening. Might be easier due to us coming from all over.

Tori and I are in. Both of us have Friday off, would like to check out some stuff down by Braz. I spent a ton of time working in that area, but never got the chance to check out any trails. Hopefully someone knows some good stuff.

Seems like crown land camping is the new "thing", I would expect any easily accessibly spot near the Braz dam will be busy.

Jason, we could meet in town here Friday morning and head out?

Sure thing Eric.

Dean, can you post directions to the Brazeau run where we started last fall?

We will do that, and head to Grave Flats after! Weather looks great! You gotta do all three trails in 3 days to get the badge. Uh, there's a badge? No, but there should be!

There is a nice spot we've used with Paul right close to the river. Past the kiosk at Ruby trailhead, road jogs right and there's a pretty wide descent down. Follow trail down and to the right. I'll try to bring a OCC sticker on something to hang on the trail off main road.

I'd love to spend Sat night up at the falls or lake too...

Will leave it up the group consensus.
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 2.14.24 PM.png

We are coming with bells on. Peter and Tanis are in too. As it stand planning to do the brazeau run Friday then to ruby trailhead that eve. Should be a reasonable arrival time. Once we get all set tomorrow I’ll post and we can plant to convoy from e town for the e townies.

I am still planning on heading into Ruby Lake tonight, Do you have a general idea of where you will try to camp friday night so we can come back out and start calling y'all on the radio to catch up with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom