Audio/NAV unit cuts out occasionally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tripledave

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have any experience with their audio/NAV unit cutting out? Recently on my morning commute, the audio/nav unit will seemingly power off and reset when I depress the brake more than gently. I have not noticed this in the afternoons when it warms up but I would believe the issue to be more electrical than temperature related. The coincidence with the brake application has me scratching my head but that's why I came here to ask if anyone has experienced similar issues. LC is a 2008 with about 110k on the odo.

When you say "more than gently" does that imply that the resulting inertia may be shifting an electrical harness or connection?

When you say "more than gently" does that imply that the resulting inertia may be shifting an electrical harness or connection?
I've thought about that but these are not panic stops, just normal commute cut off in traffic stops or the like. I may get in behind the unit or under the dash and do some poking around to look for a loose plug/harness though just to ease my mind

Mine reboots on a regular basis, usually while I’m on a phone call. Planning to discuss with the dealer next time it’s in, but I’m still under warranty.

It happen to me once yesterday, I was on I-5 south heading to Sacramento from Medford, OR. Into my 3.5 hrs of driving my wife and I chatted for 5 mins through Bluetooth. Right when she hanged up the System reset itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom