ATTN: Grand Rapids 80 fan going to Journey Motors in Illinois... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On autotrader there is a 94 FZJ80 with lockers, 84896 miles, for $11,995, at Journey Motors in Lake in the Hills, Illinois.

I looked it over Saturday, or as least as much as I could: it was in their shop (it's a small like 2-man outfit), the guy was doing a rear brake job, so I couldn't drive it. I also couldn't look under the hood because the hood latch was broke (NOT a good sign), and couldn't see it well because the room was dark. I asked about maintenance records, and he said it had none.

So, since I couldn't determine its worth I didn't negotiate, but I did ask about price, and he indicated it was pretty firm for the time being: said someone called from Montana, and someone from Grand Rapids was coming Tuesday to look it over.

So, if you are that Grand Rapids Michigan person, you can give me a call and I can go look it over again, take real good pics and possibly save you a trip. My first impression isn't good: my best guess now is it ought to be worth < $9k, although if despite first impressions it turns out to be in really sharp shape, maybe more.

I can point you to the dealership I just bought my 97 at, that has a 95 with lockers, 82k miles, asking $14.9 but my guess is could be had for $11-12, plus some repair (hood rust, interior was trashed due to a large animal riding in there seemingly full-time).

Later,
Kenton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom