ATTN: Grand Rapids 80 fan going to Journey Motors in Illinois...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by kenton, Nov 3, 2003.

1. kenton

kenton

On autotrader there is a 94 FZJ80 with lockers, 84896 miles, for $11,995, at Journey Motors in Lake in the Hills, Illinois.

I looked it over Saturday, or as least as much as I could: it was in their shop (it's a small like 2-man outfit), the guy was doing a rear brake job, so I couldn't drive it. I also couldn't look under the hood because the hood latch was broke (NOT a good sign), and couldn't see it well because the room was dark. I asked about maintenance records, and he said it had none.

So, since I couldn't determine its worth I didn't negotiate, but I did ask about price, and he indicated it was pretty firm for the time being: said someone called from Montana, and someone from Grand Rapids was coming Tuesday to look it over.

So, if you are that Grand Rapids Michigan person, you can give me a call and I can go look it over again, take real good pics and possibly save you a trip. My first impression isn't good: my best guess now is it ought to be worth < $9k, although if despite first impressions it turns out to be in really sharp shape, maybe more.

I can point you to the dealership I just bought my 97 at, that has a 95 with lockers, 82k miles, asking $14.9 but my guess is could be had for $11-12, plus some repair (hood rust, interior was trashed due to a large animal riding in there seemingly full-time).

Later,
    Kenton

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.