Attn Boise Mudders, 76 pig going to crusher, some save it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I'm in the Boise area and happened to be perusing craigslist. Found this piggy for sale. I went and looked at it today. It's about 95% complete. Rough, but do-able. He stated that when he got it he drove it around the block a few times and it just died on him. I found the engine crank in the back, and tried to turn it over, but could not get the crank arm inside as the front valence is banged and hole if offcenter.

Gentleman's name is Cliff, and he told me that it's going to the crusher today or tomorrow. Today being 5/13. Told me he'd sell it for $500 without the battery. But I can't justify hauling it all the way back to Montana.

Again his name is Cliff, # is 208 703 7526. It's located at Wholesale Auto Sales on 44th and Chinden. Here's the craigslist ad: 75 fj 55 landcruiser

I took a few pictures.
76boisedrivers.jpg
76boisepass.jpg
76boiseeng.jpg

Cliff just called me, and told me that it will be a week before Idaho Recycle comes and picks it up.

What a shame! Look at all those good parts that will go to waste. I could use the windshield and chrome trim. It's always good to have a spare set of turn signals laying around.

strong work

good on ya!!

What a save!
Well done to all that saved the piggie!

Dave

What a shame! Look at all those good parts that will go to waste. I could use the windshield and chrome trim. It's always good to have a spare set of turn signals laying around.

Have windshield and chrome trim in Portland..PM me.

Have windshield and chrome trim in Portland..PM me.

I don't think the windshield weatherstripping that allows for the chrome trim is available any more

The wife and i are loading up and going to pick her up on friday. I'm stocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:steer::steer:

btw, it doesn't need a windshield, all the glass is good. Rear window motor works. Does need rear window weather stripping. Welds on the front windows are still good. Front door pins are loose, but that's pretty normal, they're not as bad as most. No headliner, but has all headliner umbrella rods.

Congrats on a Super nice score! Safe travels!

Kevin

**edit** Just realized the post's within this post talking seperately about windshield and trim. My bad. But still good news for desert racer.

Last edited:
nice save.

can't wait to see how the rescue pans out. what are the plans for your dandy new piggy?

Hey bogus one my neighbor in phelan is a cruiser nut also. We call this red neck lead head! He is goofey but i think you would get along just well!

Hey bogus one my neighbor in phelan is a cruiser nut also. We call this red neck lead head! He is goofey but i think you would get along just well!

I've known Leadhead for about 15 years. Next time I'm at his place I'll pee on your tires

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom