ATF question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much ATF is in the entire tranny system on a 94 and 96 LC? Drain and fill is about 6.5 quarts (I believe), so how much would be left in the system? Also, is the Mobil 1 ATF compatible with the Toyota requirements for tranny and power steering in the LC? What about other Toyotas (95 Corrolla - girlfriends car)? -- Sorry, I know, I know...it's a LC Board, just wondering if anyone knows!

Regards,
Chris

Search...search...search... :D

How much ATF depends on which tranny, '93 and some '94 got a A442 tranny (I think) and the later 80-series got the A443, I believe the total quantity is slightly different but both around 16-quarts I think. A drain/fill is usually about 4.5 quart in my experience on a A443.

Yes Mobil 1 ATF works for the tranny and power steering in anything Toyota made that specifies ATF as the oil, which in my experience is all Toyota vehicles of a certain era, for example now most new tech Toyota trannies specify Type-T or something like that I think, which some high-grade ATF's already support, but not all...from what I can tell it's just a tighter spec, maybe specific additivies which weren't specified in the ATF spec...

Thank you for your help...

Chris

mabrodis- just a correction to an otherwise accurate post. 93-94 = A442F tranny, 95-97 = A343F tranny. This board has seen less issues with the A343F tranny, in case you are wondering. :) <floodgates open>

alaskacruiser said:
This board has seen less issues with the A343F tranny, in case you are wondering. :) <floodgates open>

Hey my rig resembles that remark.......... :flipoff2:

4.5 quarts? The book said "up to 6.5 quarts. Shoot, I think I put in like 5 1/2...I'll have to call my brother and have him check it...well, it's kinda hard to check when the engine falters and is not drivable, hence can't warm it up to get an accurate reading! (see post 'engine falters - help!') Thanks for the info...
Chris

For Toyotas before with automatic transmissions pre-2000 Dextron II/III ATF is going to be fine and Mobil 1 great.

For info about available Toyota T-IV ATF See this thread

ATF ? Thread

Type-IV appears to be a very slightly modified Dextron III type product for use in certain slip-controlled lock-up automatic transmissions manufactured by Aisin AW Co. Ltd.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom