ATF Pan Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm new to all this stuff and reasonably new to 4wd but I've just changed to ATF and the filter and gasket.
Now seemingly it looks like the fluid is coming out thru the gasket (top and or maybe bottom)
Is there a reason this might be happening?
Thanks

I initially saw some minor seepage between the pan and gasket when i changed out the tranny filter/screen and installed the new gasket. I ended up torqueing the bolts another 1/8th of a turn past spec and it did the trick.
Was your gasket stuck to the pan? Mine was fused to the pan in a few spots and i had to carefully scrape off the reminents and avoid scarring the pan in order to have a clean working surface. I imagine if pieces of old gasket were left in place it would leak fluid between the new gasket and the pan & tranny.

I initially saw some minor seepage between the pan and gasket when i changed out the tranny filter/screen and installed the new gasket. I ended up torqueing the bolts another 1/8th of a turn past spec and it did the trick.
Was your gasket stuck to the pan? Mine was fused to the pan in a few spots and i had to carefully scrape off the reminents and avoid scarring the pan in order to have a clean working surface. I imagine if pieces of old gasket were left in place it would leak fluid between the new gasket and the pan & tranny.
Thanks man for the reply. I did tension the bolts up a bit more then spec, I had minor seepage but checked it this morning and it doesn't seem to have got any worse. My gasket was stuck to the pan a bit but It pulled off quote easily as 1 piece. I want to make sure i don't havr a leak that I won't find when I put the bash plate underneath 🤙 I might give it a good drive round today and check it at end of day. I will admit it drives and changes gear soo much nicer now after the change 👍

You are very welcome. Sounds similar to what I experienced with my fluid exchange. I haven’t noticed any more seepage after a day of use. Cleaned up the pan and tranny with brake cleaner and all is good now, been a few months. I agree the new fluid, I changed mine at 100k, made a noticeable improvement in shifts. What ATF did you use ? I went from the OEM WS to Amsoil SS ATF.

You are very welcome. Sounds similar to what I experienced with my fluid exchange. I haven’t noticed any more seepage after a day of use. Cleaned up the pan and tranny with brake cleaner and all is good now, been a few months. I agree the new fluid, I changed mine at 100k, made a noticeable improvement in shifts. What ATF did you use ? I went from the OEM WS to Amsoil SS ATF.
Seems well today, so I've gone ahead and put all the bash plate back on 🤙
Mine just ticked over 500k and it's soo much nicer to drive now. I used Penrites LV fully synthetic 😊👍 I always opt for Penrite as I know they are best quality oils

500K miles or kilometers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom