Assembling new Birf to axle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any tricks for getting the snap ring pass the groves? Are the groves spider gears?

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks I have gone thru 8 narrow zip ties. No luck . I guess I need a wider zip tie. Off to Home Depot AGAIN!!!!!!!

Got I wider zip tie worked like a charm. THANKS!

BIRF NIGHTMARE!!! I thought starting a sepperate thread for this but we see if I get any response. I birf rebuild project is entering its 4th week. Long story. The driver side is back together and finally all the parts arrive to reassmeble the passenger side. My bro in law finally found time to give me a hand tonight.

We got the new birf assembled via the zip tie trick. Old axle seal out and new one in. Inner and races bearing in. Outer housing bolt inplace. Bolted down the outseals. Packed the Birf. Right as we went to insert the axle and birf back inplace. I did one last flashlight check to make sure it was clear. There was a small pool of diff fluid. Like an idiot i run my finger inside just to make sure nothing is lying in there. I BLOW THE SPRING OUT OF THE SEAL!!!! IM HOSED!!! Dead in the water. I have no idea how or if its even possibe the reseat that spring. I bet im down a few more days till I can order a new seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom