ASAP Help Needed! Left Hand Knuckle available from anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm rebuilding my knuckles and found one of the lower studs has broken off inside and I can't remove it. Does anyone in the Denver area have a spare knuckle for the left hand side they'd be willing to part with? This is my daily, so I'm trying to get this done today. Sigh. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 93 80 series.

IMG_20210425_131548.jpg

Last edited:
You could fix that far sooner than getting another one in all likelyhood. Go grab yourself a couple left hand drill bits. Or a propane torch and some extractors. That should not put up much fight with heat.

O'reilly's carries a left hand drill bit set with extractors that work well for that.

You may need a MAPP gas torch to heat them up in case the PO used Picture Red. Drill it out first, try the extractor, but don't get carried away.

Then do heat and try the extractor again.

Also some type of liquid wrench spray would help

There are also a number of videos on YouTube on how to extract a recessed broken bolt.

I appreciate everyone's help. I tried using an extractor, but that didn't work. I ended up heating up the bolt and drilling it out with a cobalt bit. I need to clean up the threads with a tap and die and get another bolt and cone washer, but it's out!

Thanks again.

Robbie (Powerpig) is in Longmont. He is always slammed but might be able to hook you up or help out. I had a stripped out right side brake mount he swapped with one on hand so may have the matching left.
303-884-7813
Leave a VM and be patient, he's a one man show. Its likely SLEE would have one as well or be better suited to help quick.

EDIT- Well shiat, I se you got it but couple references for future issues. lots of options around the Denver area.

If you can't seem to get the job done yourself, I'd imagine a competent machine shop could get that broken stud out at a reasonable price for you. Sometimes it's best to let someone with a greater investment in tooling do the job.

Robbie (Powerpig) is in Longmont. He is always slammed but might be able to hook you up or help out. I had a stripped out right side brake mount he swapped with one on hand so may have the matching left.
303-884-7813
Leave a VM and be patient, he's a one man show. Its likely SLEE would have one as well or be better suited to help quick.

EDIT- Well shiat, I se you got it but couple references for future issues. lots of options around the Denver area.
That's still good info to know! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom