Need help asap 3fe injector wiring question (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who can tell me which one is correct

Both pictures are from same manual one shows

Yellow and blue white on the #1 pin of the injector connector the other picture shows it on #2 pin

On my cruiser I have bank 1 1-3 on pin #2 and bank 2 4-6 on pin #1

I verified by checking continuity fron inj connector to ecu

Thanks in advance

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pretty sure your 1st image (the one in color) is the correct one. But it really doesn't matter. The injectors don't care which way they are wired up. They are just electromagnets and don't have any required polarity. The 3FE has as simple as possible fuel injection system. Unlike a modern engine where the fuel is injected into each cylinder at a precise time, in the 3FE three injectors fire at the same time on each revolution of the engine. (Hard to believe such a set up would even work!) And all it takes is power to one side of all of the injectors, and then each bank of 3 is connected to ground by the ECU to inject some fuel into the intake manifold. The ECU controls when each bank of injectors fire and how long they stay on for.

Pretty sure your 1st image (the one in color) is the correct one. But it really doesn't matter. The injectors don't care which way they are wired up. They are just electromagnets and don't have any required polarity. The 3FE has as simple as possible fuel injection system. Unlike a modern engine where the fuel is injected into each cylinder at a precise time, in the 3FE three injectors fire at the same time on each revolution of the engine. (Hard to believe such a set up would even work!) And all it takes is power to one side of all of the injectors, and then each bank of 3 is connected to ground by the ECU to inject some fuel into the intake manifold. The ECU controls when each bank of injectors fire and how long they stay on for.
Perfect thanks for clearing that up for me was kind of confused I left it how it was appeeciate the quick response.

As Tom said, it doesn't matter, however I would wire them up according to the EWD (+12 to pin 2) so as not to screw myself later on down the road. It's usually best practice to follow the EWD.
Thanks appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom