Armor/etc. shop questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, I picked up an 80 recently and following some weeks spent getting things in order and doing baseline maintenance, I'm tempted to shop for some 'fun' stuff. Like bumper, sliders, etc. I have looked around a lot online and seen some cool stuff, but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for shops locally? I'm aware of 4wheel parts and Metal Tech, etc., but I just don't know much of anything about them or if they or any of the other local stores have good/bad/indifferent reputations. Any suggestions or words of advice or does it not really matter?

@reevesci are we allowed to know who bought the designs? I'm hoping they were bought so that they can be brought to market, and not bought so that you will stop competing.

Overseas company bought them. I know who bought me but I don't know who bought them. I was making a few proprietary bumpers for of my acquaintances and they were bought. SO in order for them to be bought they had to buy my designs. I doubt you will ever see them again.

J

Last edited:
www.metaltech4x4.com
Mark Hawley has been a longtime supporter of the landcruiser world, he is also the north american distributor for Ironman4x4 out of Australia.
Located in Newberg with more knowledge and stories than any cruiserhead I know.

I tried getting an Ironman bumper from Metaltech. It never happened and they refunded my money. I even spoke to the folks at Ironman. Called 3-4 times. They (Ironman) were always going to get back to me with the status of the order.....and they never followed up. So....if you're wanting an Ironman product you'd better be pretty patient......like unlimited patience.

The folks at Metaltech were straight. Refunded my money but just wish I could have received the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom