Arizona Cardinals Talk (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dang injury bug!

• Mathieu is a game time decision but wouldn't mind him sitting this one out and playing it safe in his full recovery from last years injury.
I am with you on this...

Good news, sounds like Ellington's injury is not to severe. When BA was asked yesterday after practice if he could play in Monday night's opener, he replied "Oh, there's no doubt".

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ngton-play-arizona-cardinals-opener/15223245/

Whether that is aimed to keep San Diego's game plan mixed up, or he will be involved, is anyone's guess.

Tonight's game on what local channel?

Last edited:
3 up here. Don't know about podunk.

Ellington is suited up and warming up! Wonder if he is really going to play or used as decoy for a few series?

1410226986664.jpg

Holy sh!t:)

I gained new respect for Carson Palmer tonight. He was a stud in busted plays.

Last edited:
Typical "cardiac Cards" , have to go down to the last play to determine who wins! Going into the 4th quarter behind 6-17 only to pull it out at the end 18-17 :cool:

1-0. :clap:

I fell asleep at halftime and missed everything till the 2 minute warning in the 4th:(

Do remember seeing Palmer scramble for a fist down :eek:, and also being impressed with Larry Foote most of all, if he can stay healthy...A great pick up IMO.

Yes, Foote was all over the place. Great addition!

Not a great rating's game. In the first half you could hear the sound of TV's all over the East Coast turning off. But a true Cardiac Cards game. Seems like Arians was holding back the reins. They fake 3 end arounds to John Brown, each of which would have ended in touch downs - SD Def totally bit. Also the spreading the ball round to so many recieves. Seems like BA is keeping some plays under wraps - maybe for the 9ers.

Good game by Foote, guy was everywhere - hope he holds up. Abrahams and Rucker got hurt and likely out this week. The Giants looked bad last week though.

Big props to the fans though, I think that was the loudest I've heard that stadium since the NFC Championship game against the Eagles. Loud even though there was a decent size SD contingent there. Oh and the new big screens are rediculous. It's good to host the SB.

Looks like Abraham may be calling it quits. I'm glad to see them resign Marcus Benard.

Looks like Abraham may be calling it quits. I'm glad to see them resign Marcus Benard.

Yep, pretty sure next years draft will go heavy on LB's.

What's all this pundit talk (after only one game), of phasing out Fitz? Granted, Palmer has a lot more options....

Everyone's .02?

What's all this pundit talk (after only one game), of phasing out Fitz? Granted, Palmer has a lot more options....

Everyone's .02?

Blah, blah, blah. More options mean less balls to go around, also means less double coverage. Fitz isn't the down field threat he once was. He's still one of the best possession receivers in the game. He'll get his share but won't likely be targeted for long passes.

Now r evealed he had a gimpy foot too. I saw double coverage on him most of y he night which opened up others.

Concerned about Dockets replacement Frostee Rucker now may be out for the year too(?)
Who backs up Frostee? Didnt we draft a big d lineman?

[QUOTE="murf, post: 9360596, member: 24282"
Concerned about Dockets replacement Frostee Rucker now may be out for the year too(?)
Who backs up Frostee? Didnt we draft a big d lineman?[/QUOTE]
What wrong with Rucker? I never saw an injury report.

Now r evealed he had a gimpy foot too. I saw double coverage on him most of y he night which opened up others.

Drafted a DT and a DE, both doing well for rookies. Claimed Tommy Kelly off waivers and he played well on Monday. Don't forget Ta'mu, he's still getting in shape from the knee injury. No stars in the group, but talent and depth is there.

[QUOTE="murf, post: 9360596, member: 24282"
What wrong with Rucker? I never saw an injury report.[/QUOTE]

Calf injury, will likely miss next game. Doesn't sound too serious.

Saw report on 12 news where the Bruce Cooper sportscaster reported it but don't see it on the web

Don't forget, they have 4 LBs that are north of 260 and Shaughnessy is bigger than most of the D Linemen. I could see some of these guys lining up at DE on passing downs.

Now Palmer is questionable due to a nerve issue in the right shoulder, injury bug is spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom