Are the seat back positions too low? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone feel like the most vertical position on the front seat (specifically drivers for me) is too leaned back? I know that's popular for lots of people, but my back enjoys sitting more upright. I feel like when I have the seat at its highest position, I'm still leaning way back....

If you are talking about your 77, I feel the same way. While they are comfortable, they never do feel quite right.

If you are talking about your 77, I feel the same way. While they are comfortable, they never do feel quite right.
Exactly. I can scoot my seat forward and get my arms closer, but I feel like my legs are a tad too close then. Tipping the back up would be perfect. Maybe my legs:torso aspect ration is bad HA

Not sure how the 77 seat mounts, but you might be able to build a riser for the rear to lift it up and make it more vertical.

Not sure how the 77 seat mounts, but you might be able to build a riser for the rear to lift it up and make it more vertical.
That's what I was thinking, my only hesitation is how high it will be raising me up/my seat bottom angle to get me to that point. I think it would take quite a bit ha. I'm going to pull some of the seat assembly apart and start seeing what might be an option to just adjust the back.

Getting rid of the suspension bases (if possible) would probably give you a lot of working room.

After a little disassembly yesterday, I’m less hopeful about modifying the positions ha. The splined area would be difficult to duplicate, and it’s all riveted on there. There are 2 bolts on the bottom seat pan, and 2 on the upper seat back. I think easiest (not necessarily easy) would be to unbolt the top, and add an starter to move the seat back forward. The bottom bracket would be harder to do that while maintaining the same fulcrum point in the hinge. Something to brain storm a bit.

743E613B-31B8-4966-8263-73B05DC596E1.jpeg
4C4C400C-C112-4CC7-A7CC-6067E7BB445D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom