ARB Turn Indicator Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching, but only came up with how to modify the turn signals.

I have had the ARB on for a while. However, I have since lost the directions, which were confusing anyway.
I just need confirmation on some things.

The snaps go together correct? Where does the blue & brown wires go from there? Do you use the "other" snap to join the blue and brown with the turn signal, and then just ground one out somewhere?

I know the answer is right in front of my eyes, but I have been searching and scratching all day long.

:confused:

Thanks in advance.
:cheers:

You use the two scotchlocks (snaps) to splice into the turn signal wire. Should be two wires on the signal, two wires on the ARB light. I did the first one wired the wrong way, so the indicator didn't work. You've got a 50/50 shot getting it right the first time, just swap it if it doesn't blink.

FZJFillmore said:
You've got a 50/50 shot getting it right the first time, just swap it if it doesn't blink.

Exactly what i was going to suggest! Mine didnt work the first time so i panicked and thought i friend something! Simply switched the wires around and it worked fine!

No need to guess at it. Simply pull the plug connecting the factory signal from the harness, then take the bare ends of the two wires off the ARB and place them on the contacts on plug, flip the blinker inside the truck and see what wire is what. Then go ahead and use the splice connetors,zip tie up the excess wire and you are done.

Just did it yesterday actually. There is a brown wire on both parts of the ARB harness use these for the positive and then use the blue to the black and attach that to the white/black wire of the factory harness for the ground wire. Then use the other wire on the factory harness and attach that to the brown wires of the ARB harness. Also of note is that the plastic nutsert goes into the back part of the light and then push it into the tab on the bumper with a philips screwdriver with the light bulb pointed outward.

I just scotch locked mine Brown (on ARB) to Green (on existing turn signal) and Blue (on ARB) to White (on existing turn signal). They worked great.

Rich

FZJFillmore said:
Oh, but that would be if you're smart Montana . . . :flipoff2:

Yeah, you gots to be wicked smart
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom