ARB Summit Bar on 2012-2015 LC 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TX GX460

Threads
Has anyone successfully installed a Summit bar from ARB for a 2016+ LC 200 on a 2012-15 model? For some reason ARB is not making a Summit bar for the earlier design. I can see it is similar to the Deluxe model, but I have a Summit bar on my GX 460 and like the separate fog/markers and the fact that the Summit allows the winch controller to be lower and not obscure the adaptive cruise control or camera. I also like the hidden winch lead. My Warn control box is IP68-rated and I used an antenna extension up at the top of my firewall so water intrusion is not an issue at the lower level. Some photos below for reference.

I understand the pros/cons of the location, but am asking purely for practical purposes if it has been done before and how easy is it to replicate? Besides not being able to use the same bumper trim guides, is there anything else different in the design of the 2016+ 200s from the 2012-15 models that makes mounting of the Summit bar difficult or impossible?

2016+ Summit bar:
200series_VX_Sahara.jpg

2012-15 Deluxe bar (note the winch controller in front of the emblem):
ARB200Series0612_014.jpg

Detail of Summit bar with Warn Zeon controller:
sahara2003 - winch control.jpg

200summit.jpg

Last edited:
I would do the following if I were you: call slee. then order it through them if it works.

The descriptions for your first two pics are messed up.

I’d like to know the build specs on ARB’s white 200.

I have been looking into the ARB Summit for my '18 LC200 and was told there is a new part # out 3415250 instead of part # 3415220 which is what is on ARB's site.

If you concern about installing Warn Zeon winch onto ARB deluxe bumper, you can always relocate the controller box.

I'm new to LC, so have limited knowledge on LC ARB bumper. On my Sequoia (tundra) ARB deluxe bumper, I have some problem fitting the Warn Zeon winch. I have resolved the fitting problem with shimming spacer between the bumper and winch.

Having helped install several of both I think you'd run into several issues. I would think the gapping in between the portion of the reused factory bumper and the Summit Bar would be more than normal. The Summit Bar requires reuse of the factory 16 and later LED fog lights, so you'd have to source them or come up with something custom. The template that comes with the bumper instructions that shows you where to cut the factory bumper will be wrong so you will have to reverse engineer that. Hopefully this helps you out.

Have not done it or seen it done but if people are doing full face lifts to make the 08-13 look like the 2016+ I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Really no different than guys fitting a bumper on a LX570 a little more cutting/modding but can be done. Definitely a custom job but I bet its possible, I'd probably just get the TJM though lots of room for any winch and control box behind the bumper.

I am curious about it as well. In some pictures it looks like the 2016+ Summit bumper sticks out little less than Deluxe on 2013-2015. But is it optical illusion because of the higher hood line on 2016+ LC the hoops go little higher as well as to not obstruct headlights?

Below pics of Deluxe on 2008 and Summit on 2016+ LC and 2016+ LX.

IMG_4463 (1).JPG

MhwxTdV.jpg

ARB11-1.jpg

Well, so my Deluxe bar for 2015 came today damaged. It is going back and there are no more Deluxes in stock for replacement.

I am sort of tempted to be guina pig and order the Summit. I am worried about the headlight washer location. The bar has slight cutouts to accomodate them. Pretty unlikely things would line up with the pre-facelift bumper.

Btw, not sure if anyone noticed but the sides of the wings on the Summit on the members' LX and LC are flat and chunky. The stock photo in the first post shows angled/chiseled wings.

Well, so my Deluxe bar for 2015 came today damaged. It is going back and there are no more Deluxes in stock for replacement.

I am sort of tempted to be guina pig and order the Summit. I am worried about the headlight washer location. The bar has slight cutouts to accomodate them. Pretty unlikely things would line up with the pre-facelift bumper.

Btw, not sure if anyone noticed but the sides of the wings on the Summit on the members' LX and LC are flat and chunky. The stock photo in the first post shows angled/chiseled wings.
That stinks - sorry to hear that. We ended up ordering a Deluxe bumper a few weeks ago and luckily it arrived undamaged. Just got it back from powdercoat for my wife's custom color choice.

We checked out some Summit bumpers at LCDC this past summer and came to the conclusion that the roo bars (that's what they call them in AU) on the Summit likely sweep back and in too much for the pre-facelift headlights lights to fit and would likely interfere. As much as I love the look and function of the Summit bar (I have one on my GX), it was too much of a risk for us to end up trying. So if you do it and find a way to make it fit, please post pics and know I will be very envious.

I am probably too chicken to try. If it does not work the only logical solution would be to upgrade the cruiser to 2016+ ;)

Since you have seen both up close - any comments on the projection length differences between Deluxe and Summit?

Summit looks like it projects out less, but I think it may not really do, it's just taller and svelter roo bars make it look like it is.

Looking closer at the photos, I would be interested in measuring hood length for both 2015 and 2016+ from windshield to grille. It might be that the 2016+ actually brought the grille forward, and that is why the bar support is so much narrower. If that is the case, it might fit on the 2015. The only downside would be that there would be a gap between the supports and grille. Of course, the bumper top surface may also end short of the grille, which could look bad. Without having a rig with one installed to really spend time inspecting and measuring, there's little way to make sure.

Part what makes the roo supports svelter is they do not protrude past the front of the bumper on Summit like they do on Deluxe. They are also higher I think to accommodate higher hood line of the face lifted 200. Which is definitely higher. I sat in one and was surprised how big of a difference it makes in terms of sight lines to the front. Whether the hood is longer on the face lifted 200, not sure.

I am going to get Deluxe once it's back in stock. If I ever run into someone with Summit I'll certainly will take a look.

OTOH, if I had a face lifted 200 I'd be looking at TJM T13 for it. Looks so much better than any ARB, unlike the pre-facelift version, which is meh - very chunky heavy looking.

tjm035-1-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom