ARB Roof Rack impressions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm stuck between this and the Rhino Rack Backbone system. Both seem very flexible and have options that do not extend beyond the sides of the roof, i.e. 44" for ARB and 49" for Rhino. My preference would be to run rear and alley flood/work lighting beneath the rack however, I don't know if with the narrower width the alley lighting would fit. I'd be using the rack much in the way @ethernectar is: storage for ground tent and WP cases for lighter weight camp stuff.

After spending a great deal of time evaluating rack options, I'm actually leaning toward the Rhino Rack myself. I'm probably going with the SX mounting option, which allows you to bolt the rack to existing factory roof rails (not cross bars) as opposed to the Backbone system. You don't get as much weight capacity with the SX mounts, but I like that I will be able to remove the rack fairly easily should I need to do so. You still get 175 pounds of carrying capacity (vs. 700+ w/ Backbone). 175 pounds is plenty for me. I find that putting any more than that on the roof makes the vehicle too top heavy for my likings.

Thanks to all who posted info on the ARB racks.

Does anyone know what light bars these are on the front and side of the arb flat rack?

arb-rack-with-stuff.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom