ARB on the 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
after more than a year of drooling over other peoples front bumpers on their 4runners I finaily bit the bullet and bought an ARB from a local dealer.

anyway here is a picture of the finished product. sorry no install pictures.

now I just need to get cracking on the rear bumper :)
4runnerARB.jpg

it was around $850 with sales tax and freight

Cool. Thanks. I'm looking into getting one of these myself. It's just a matter of getting the money to pay for it, and then I can probably figure out installation with a little bit of help. Did you do the installation yourself? And if so, how long did it take?

did it myself.

it took about 3 hours to take off old bumper, cut off the old mounting flange and then mount up the ARB.

go to yotatech and search arb and you will find some good install threads when you are ready.

Man it looks sweet, I am also one of the droolers! I was curious how much lift you have?

thanks!

approx. 2" in front and 2.5" in the rear

I really like the looks of the ARB on our gen 4Runners! When I get around to that purchase I am torn between ARB and Schrockworks.

I thought they did not make one for the 3rd gen 4runners? where did you get it? I went to the ARB website and could not find it...;)

I thought they did not make one for the 3rd gen 4runners? where did you get it? I went to the ARB website and could not find it...;)

pm'd ya

here is the part number for everyone else. #3423020

the bumper is listed for the 95-04 tacoma but it will fit the 4runner with a slight mod. you have to cut off the stock bumper mounting flange. there are some pretty good write ups on this install over on yotatech.

good job & nice fit! I am digging the tires too - since I run the same ones on my Taco!

I don't know for sure but I would guess somewhere around 70-80lbs because I didn't have any issues moving it around by myself.

Acadia....I see where the Shrock works?? I think thats it says they want you to weld sonthing on to make the bumper stronger...what little Mod did you have to do to mount your ARB? did yours just bolt on? if so how many bolts? I have a warn 9k winch I want to mount to mine but I want it strong...TIA garth

pm'd ya

here is the part number for everyone else. #3423020

the bumper is listed for the 95-04 tacoma but it will fit the 4runner with a slight mod. you have to cut off the stock bumper mounting flange. there are some pretty good write ups on this install over on yotatech.

the slight mod would be cutting off the factory bumper mount. here is a link to some pictures of another 4runner arb install on Yotatech ARB on!!!pics! - YotaTech Forums

there is alot more info over on yotatech about the 4runners and it might be worth your time looking around their before making your decision.

there are 6 bolts that hold the new ARB bumper mount to the frame and then 6 more bolts that hold the actual bumper to the mounts.

I was wondering how thick the metal was on this bumper....schrock works talks about how thick theirs is...I think 3/16 1/4 and 1/2...so I would like to compare apples to apples so to speak...they are about 200-300 more...so I was wondering why....TIA...Garth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom