ARB modular rear jerry can capacity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone else have the ARB modular rear bumper with jerry can swing out?

I am the new owner of a 2000 LX that has the bumper and would like to add a jerry can holder. Problem is I only see pics of a one can capacity option for the ARB, which seems inadequate. I saw something online that mentioned dual can capacity but it was again pictured with only one can. The ARB website is not helpful at this point. Does anyone have a multi-jerry can swing out on this bumper installed? If not has anyone fashioned a custom set up?

I have left voicemails at slee and cruiser outfitters to see if they can help, but mean time I can't help wonder if the mud collective already has a solution.

Thanks

It's definitely a single. I'm planning to modify it for a dual or cut it off completely and fab a mount to do an Aluminess set up. Waiting for the tire carrier to get in then I'll get them mounted and start taking measurements. I'll keep this thread posted in the next week or so.

Luis

I'm following this. I wonder what fuel or water can fits the ARB carrier?

The opening measures approx. 14" x 7", how ever all my metal fuel and water cans are 13" x 6" .. so they are pretty sloppy fit for it.

I was also thinking of cutting it off and putting a mount for 25 or 35 qrt cooler. there.

I got stopped in my tracks because I'm missing the centre locator to position the attachments. Apparently it's a 5 month wait to get the part from ARB... sucks

You don't need that to install it. FYI. I just centered the bolts in the slot, snugged then .. not tight but just snug. And tested it shut ok, then tighten them up. Depending on your year and if you have the tow package, the rear light wire directions likely do not match.

Last edited:
True but with weight and bouncing on the trails itll eventually take a toll on the spindles of the attachments. Rather wait to get it or head over to a fab shop and have them make me one

I'm following this. I wonder what fuel or water can fits the ARB carrier?

The opening measures approx. 14" x 7", how ever all my metal fuel and water cans are 13" x 6" .. so they are pretty sloppy fit for it.

I was also thinking of cutting it off and putting a mount for 25 or 35 qrt cooler. there.
Did you ever find one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom