ARB Linx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do they make an Otter Box or similar for the control?

New update….

4217FE40-58EF-4251-BF41-4B5299357BBC.jpeg

haha sorry...I should have given more context.

They are running as essentially 2 different devices and the settings on each are separate. The hand held as seen 31 degrees before so it's just saying max was 31. I just recently hooked up the ARB Linx on the GROM so that has seen a max of 23.

Also there is a lag in the data going to the hand piece the way it's hooked up. The Car display is the main display and I was experimenting to see if I can run both at the same time and while I can it's glitchy and laggy on the second display.

So from this experiment basically you only want to run one or the other. Can't run both at the same time, and could also cause issues if 2 different handpieces are trying to send LINX different commands....

ARB Linx was originally locked to the the hand piece. So if you damaged or lost it you were screwed until you bought another ARB hand piece. Also they were having battery swelling issues with the older displays.

Just recently they allowed for the LINX to connect to any android devices. It's not released for widespread use yet, but I've been experimenting and giving ARB feedback

haha sorry...I should have given more context.

They are running as essentially 2 different devices and the settings on each are separate. The hand held as seen 31 degrees before so it's just saying max was 31. I just recently hooked up the ARB Linx on the GROM so that has seen a max of 23.

Also there is a lag in the data going to the hand piece the way it's hooked up. The Car display is the main display and I was experimenting to see if I can run both at the same time and while I can it's glitchy and laggy on the second display.

So from this experiment basically you only want to run one or the other. Can't run both at the same time, and could also cause issues if 2 different handpieces are trying to send LINX different commands....

ARB Linx was originally locked to the the hand piece. So if you damaged or lost it you were screwed until you bought another ARB hand piece. Also they were having battery swelling issues with the older displays.

Just recently they allowed for the LINX to connect to any android devices. It's not released for widespread use yet, but I've been experimenting and giving ARB feedback
Interesting. How is this done on and is it possible with any android device? I run Linx and have been considering a backup display just in case but the cost is not cheap.

I do not use the GROM, I run the ecoffroad unit instead. Access through that as a backup would be really nice.

Join the ARB Linx Facebook group. Good info there.

So basically you have to update your device to the latest software. This one is not locked to the device.

Then run an .apk extractor to get the Linx app software.

Then transfer the file to the device you want to run. Install it on there.

Disconnect your ARB display (no usb to Linx) and power down.

Power off your Linx unit. And then restart and connect to your android via BT and you should be good to go.

I found that:

As my daily driver having it on my GROM is nice. No visible external “phone” I have to worry about getting stolen.
I only need to flip and check my airbags once in a while.
And don’t have to keep charging it and risking the dreaded swollen battery.

When on trips I will likely reconnect to my ARB display to monitor airbags and TPMS on my trailer in real time as the car display is usually running maps or CarPlay. And can take the hand piece out when I’m airing up and down to control the compressor remotely.

And it’s great in case I lose or break my device while out in the wild. I can always connect to my car and control things.

T
Join the ARB Linx Facebook group. Good info there.

So basically you have to update your device to the latest software. This one is not locked to the device.

Then run an .apk extractor to get the Linx app software.

Then transfer the file to the device you want to run. Install it on there.

Disconnect your ARB display (no usb to Linx) and power down.

Power off your Linx unit. And then restart and connect to your android via BT and you should be good to go.
Thanks for these details, I’ll dig deeper into this and see if I can get it to work.

I’m in that FB group but just not active on FB much… I’ll go through that group to get up to speed.

I’ve been reluctant to update my firmware because everything works great atm.

The swollen battery issues were on early units, correct? Mine may have come after those issues… I need to check.

It’s one of those things that if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.

Is anyone using Linx for their airbags?

I’m curious about leaky modules… I’ve encountered this and I’m wondering if this is just the nature of the push fittings for the air hose. My leak is on the fitting where the nylon air line connects to the stainless braided line which runs to the bags. The module itself isn’t leaking but the push fitting connection 6 inches down line is.

I use Firestone airbags
Plastic lines to the arb Linx modules
I tow a small trailer
And I haven’t had any leaks.
Just need to double check and triple check your install before buttoning up.

A good line cutter probably helps and some nylons tape and tight fitting install.

I use Firestone airbags
Plastic lines to the arb Linx modules
I tow a small trailer
And I haven’t had any leaks.
Just need to double check and triple check your install before buttoning up.

A good line cutter probably helps and some nylons tape and tight fitting install.
I’m almost a year in and just started getting leaks. It’s not bad but enough to cause the compressor to run a split second every 5 minutes. I’ll reinstall a nylon line and make sure they’re seated.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom