ARB Awning light USB C adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I’ve got an ARB Awning with the LED strip. Surprisingly, I really like the light. It runs on the cigarette adapter unfortunately. Has any one seen or adapted into a usb or better yet usb C plug. I’d like to run off it’s own battery source.
Thanks
25379193-04FC-4F31-80D5-52CC0A057D8E.jpeg

the USB protocols have limits on power transmitted, for USB-A it's very little, like 5W maybe 10W from memory. USB-C I think is quite a bit more (maybe 50W or 60W?). You'd want to make sure the wiring can handle the draw.
Personally, I'd go with connectors intended for power transfer, like Anderson PowerPoles.

why are there three conductors?

Go powerpole - quite common for DC stuff and they click together and are genderless. Common for 4wd usage. Also very commonly used by the HAM community.

Just google anderson powerpole. And yes, ditch the pathetic cig lighter stuff!

USB C has more 'power' that USB, but only once negotiated as part of the the whole USB C PD (power delivery) protocol. I wouldn't consider it for lighting etc.

cheers,
george.

Hi all,
I’ve got an ARB Awning with the LED strip. Surprisingly, I really like the light. It runs on the cigarette adapter unfortunately. Has any one seen or adapted into a usb or better yet usb C plug. I’d like to run off it’s own battery source.
Thanks
View attachment 2889559

I have this same awning. I run the cord to the cargo area and have install a 12 volt plug right there.

I make it independent; I think running the power code to that amazon plug and then to one of those cell phone charger packs would work.

similar to one of these..

Amazon product ASIN B07VGHLRTQ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom