ARB 72X10 Bushranger Inflatable X-Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Another one of my "has anyone used one of theses" threads.

I can see some situations where these might be easier and safer than a hi-lift. Deep sand or mud for instance or maybe if you had to change a tire on an incline? I can also see that sharp things quickly render this useless. There are cheaper versions of this but durability would seem to be pretty important. Sudden loss of pressure could be just as bad as a hi-lift trying to kill you.

Amazon product ASIN B00RUMD27E

Kurt of Monica fame once posted something to the effect of "Why would anyone use a hi-lift when you can have one of these." Maybe he will chime in with his experience. I know I gave my hi-lift jack away after using it a couple of times- just too dangerous for my taste with my limited experience.

I love exhaust jacks. I love the ARB Jack and I certainly love the Hi-Lift. Depending on the project or trip, I carry one or two of them. Each does things the others don't do or don't do well. Spend a great deal of time in compression terrain (sand, snow, mud) and the exhaust jack can pay off quickly.

I love exhaust jacks. I love the ARB Jack and I certainly love the Hi-Lift. Depending on the project or trip, I carry one or two of them. Each does things the others don't do or don't do well. Spend a great deal of time in compression terrain (sand, snow, mud) and the exhaust jack can pay off quickly.
I assume you get what you pay when looking at the $100 versions vs. the $300 ARB version?

Another one of my "has anyone used one of theses" threads.

I can see some situations where these might be easier and safer than a hi-lift. Deep sand or mud for instance or maybe if you had to change a tire on an incline? I can also see that sharp things quickly render this useless. There are cheaper versions of this but durability would seem to be pretty important. Sudden loss of pressure could be just as bad as a hi-lift trying to kill you.

Amazon product ASIN B00RUMD27E

i've had one for 9-10 years. growing up ranching/farming i had WAY too many close calls with Hi-Lift jacks and try to avoid whenever possible. so this seemed like a great option. i've only used in snow, where it works great. i also carry it when out in sandy areas, but have not had to use it in that situation. the X-jack is really well made and stout and i doubt would puncture easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom