April Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am still in if others are coming. I believe I will have Gary as a navigator. Meeting at 9am and on trails as soon as everyone is ready?

Sounds good. I'm going to head over there tonight and I'll find you guys in the morning

Well it was a very good day on the trails today. Thanks to Dave for a great trail selection, we did trails that I hadn't been on for quite a while and others we ran in the opposite direction to what I am used to seeing. Great stuff! A lot of pictures and video were shot I'm looking forward to seeing them!!!

I have almost no pictures but I can post our route and will leave the narration to Gary. Great weather, great people and a great day on the trails. We covered a bunch of ground for certain.
Screenshot_20220501-090217[1].jpg

20220430_091920[1].jpg

20220430_092018[1].jpg

Looking at the map reminds me how well Gary knows the park. I notice familiar trails and know what they are like, but not the names or where they are in the park. Hoping to work on that this year.

Just to add to Chris's post, we covered alot of ground. Gaia app shows we covered 12 miles in just over 6 hours. The dark green route was in the morning, light green after story time with shmukster broke up the lunch break.
Screenshot_20220501-100245.png

Screenshot_20220501-100333.png

Most of my pics are of Pete's red 80 as I was following him most of the day. I'll throw a few here now, but later when I have time I'll make a Google album for everyone to add to.

20220430_135942.jpg

20220430_134753.jpg

20220430_134235.jpg

Thank you @shmukster, I had a great time yesterday! Thanks for coming, it was nice to meet you all. @Cass007 I'm glad you got the record of the route we did, I messed up when trying to save it and lost it!

All things considered the carnage was relatively minimal overall considering what we put the trucks through. I could really have benefited from a mid skid, it probably would have prevented the hole getting smashed in my exhaust from the early afternoon high centering festivities but over all I think everything went really well.

I went ahead and created a google photos album and uploaded what I had to there, @Sean9421 @Cass007 @PFRELENG feel free to upload your pics and vids here as well! Link sharing is on so anyone who is curious can also view it.

Looking forward to the next one!

Last edited:
Thank you @shmukster, I had a great time yesterday! Thanks for coming, it was nice to meet you all. @Cass007 I'm glad you got the record of the route we did, I messed up when trying to save it and lost it!

All things considered the carnage was relatively minimal overall considering what we put the trucks through. I could really have benefited from a mid skid, it probably would have prevented the hole getting smashed in my exhaust from the early afternoon high centering festivities but over all I think everything went really well.

I went ahead and created a google photos album and uploaded what I had to there, @Sean9421 @Cass007 @PFRELENG feel free to upload your pics and vids here as well! Link sharing is on so anyone who is curious can also view it.

Looking forward to the next one!
I just added a few more videos, just a heads up, turn the volume down, I had the tablet mounted on the dash and one of the vents must have been pointed right at it, all you can hear is wind noise

Last edited:
Thank you for documenting it so well :steer:. This very well demonstrates that sliders are a must. And then skids. And the snorkel. And better tires. And.... ok stop.

Last edited:
Amazing ... like we had our own film crew with us on the ride. Like 6 different angles of me failing to climb that rock obstacle. Reminds me I need to check the driveshafts for damage.

@GX DAVE I see you cut the rear bumper throughout. Certainly more clearance.
Yea I went ahead with that after the last Rausch trip and it proved to serve me very well this time, highly recommended! I still ended up smashing the mount for the trailer lights plug so thats just dangling now but I'll probably just re secure it with zip ties and cut the remainder of the bracket off to clean it up.

Biggest downside to this trip was I realized today that I cracked the driver side exhaust manifold (common 2uzfe issue) from the impact w/ the rock. I brought it to a local exhaust shop to have the hole in the y pipe repaired and they discovered the cracked manifold while it was up on the lift. So as a result I'm now throwing a P0136 - bank 1 sensor 2 code and it will remain until the manifold gets replaced....so that sucks.

It just goes to show that if I had just invested in the additional skid plates from the get go I probably would not be in this situation, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. That will be my next investment, Rausch can be very unforgiving!

Last edited:
Yea I went ahead with that after the last Rausch trip and it proved to serve me very well this time, highly recommended! I still ended up smashing the mount for the trailer lights plug so thats just dangling now but I'll probably just re secure it with zip ties and cut the remainder of the bracket off to clean it up.

Biggest downside to this trip was I realized today that I cracked the driver side exhaust manifold (common 2uzfe issue) from the impact w/ the rock. I brought it to a local exhaust shop to have the hole in the y pipe repaired and they discovered the cracked manifold while it was up on the lift. So as a result I'm now throwing a P0136 - bank 1 sensor 2 code and it will remain until the manifold gets replaced....so that sucks.

It just goes to show that if I had just invested in the additional skid plates from the get go I probably would not be in this situation, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. That will be my next investment, Rausch can be very unforgiving!
I hear you. What skid plates are you looking to get?

I hear you. What skid plates are you looking to get?
I went with Bud Built's system, they have great reviews and I like his overall design best along with his commitment to maintaining the appropriate failure points into the design of them so you bend the skids on impact not ur frame, etc.

Also he's a Toyota guy w/ a 5th gen 4 runner on 40's and wheels it hard, so I know that he knows our trucks well and is committed to making the best armor for them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom