April Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pacer

Keystone Cruiser
GOLD Star
Threads
Hay y'all, I'm currently at the Carolina Relic Run and some of the other guys are out in Utah but @GX DAVE and I were talking about getting some rigs together on Saturday April 30th up at Rausch Creek.

I offered my passenger seat to @jamarquardt22

Anyone else available?

Pretty sure I can make that day.

Can't make it, I'll be in Denver for work.

Barely made it back from the Relic Run might need a new fuel filter and maybe some actual frame mounted sliders for the 80. Never been to Rausch but sounds like fun!

My plans have changed, and I'm in.

Maybe some camping on Friday???

My plans have changed, and I'm in.

Maybe some camping on Friday???

Nice!

Camping Friday wont work for me but @Ecliff5 might need a place to pull up, he's coming off a 2 week road trip and Rausch is his last stop, gonna be epic! I think he's planning to roll in Friday late afternoon and staying through Saturday night, but he'll have to chime in to confirm.

@PFRELENG and I will probably be camping Saturday night only unless he says different but Im only staying Saturday night for sure.

Seems this trip will be a good one!

Last edited:
I might be able to make this. What difficulty trails will you be running?
Blue trails will be most common through out the day, we'll probably hit some greens on the way to the blues too, cant really avoid them. How many of each just depends on which route we take around the park.

Last edited:
Sounds good, do I need to be a member of Keystone Cruisers to join?
Nah just show up!

As long as you have C or E (preferred) rated tires, a lift and rock sliders you'll probably be fine! Also, make sure you have a full size spare with you (park rule).

I've ran stock skids there up until now so you should be fine if you dont have them. Though, I did bend the stock skid up last time which caused the edge to rub on my CV a bit and made a crazy noise when in motion. I was able to bend it back out of the way but glad I finally got my Bud Built front skid installed! So hopefully that wont be an issue again.

Last edited:
Nah just show up!

As long as you have C or E (preferred) rated tires, a lift and rock sliders you'll probably be fine! Also, make sure you have a full size spare with you (park rule).

I've ran stock skids there up until now so you should be fine if you dont have them. Though, I did bend the stock skid up last time which caused the edge to rub on my CV a bit and made a crazy noise when in motion. I was able to bend it back out of the way but glad I finally got my Bud Built front skid installed! So hopefully that wont be an issue again.
Sounds good! I've done blues and blacks at AOAA in 4Runners I owned before. The GX has an Ironman lift and bumper but factory steps (waiting to crush them to replace with sliders). On 285/70/17 Toyo A/T IIIs and have a Warn winch. What time do you think meetup would be?

Sounds good! I've done blues and blacks at AOAA in 4Runners I owned before. The GX has an Ironman lift and bumper but factory steps (waiting to crush them to replace with sliders). On 285/70/17 Toyo A/T IIIs and have a Warn winch. What time do you think meetup would be?
Sounds like you're set up!

@Pacer correct me if I'm wrong - I believe the park opens at 8am but we'll shoot for wheels up at 10am - so everyone should try to land at 9am to give enough time to pay, air down, coffee talk, etc!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're set up!

@Pacer correct me if I'm wrong - I believe the park opens at 8am but we'll shoot for wheels up at 10am - so everyone should try to land at 9am to give enough time to pay, air down, coffee talk, etc!
Sounds good. Will circle back next week sometime to confirm!

All caught up.

Usually we aim to be at the park sometime after 8:00 and on the trail by 9:00, but this one is your show Dave, 10:00 is fine with me if I can make it.

Keystone wheeling protocol has always been be there by 8:30, and ready to hit the trails by 9:00. An earlier start usually avoids getting stuck behind a group of Jeeps.

However, I have no problem with a 10:00 am start... I can sleep in a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom