April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (2 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received my ICECO VL45Pro S on Tuesday. Everything looked good no damage to box or unit in shipping. However, just to be safe I let it sit for 24hrs as per your operations manual. Yesterday evening, I plugged it into A/C power and set it on MAX and temperature to 32 degrees Fahrenheit, once it reached that temperature and held for a few hours I dropped it to 20 degrees Fahrenheit and again after a few hours dropped it to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it took a long time for it to finally reach 0 degrees and it sat on 2 degrees Fahrenheit for about 3 hours. Finally, it did display had hit 0 degrees Fahrenheit and I heard compressor drop in noise level. Today, it again reads 2 degrees Fahrenheit and just stays there with compressor running obviously trying to get there but not able too do so.

Also, even though on the refrigerator display indicated that it had reached 0 degrees Fahrenheit I quickly opening it and using a calibrated non contact laser thermometer the lowest temperature I could measure was 15 degrees Fahrenheit at lowest point of the large storage space. So my question is why is the display showing 0 degrees but the inside temperature is 15 degrees or more higher? I just placed a Tempi.Fi Bluetooth / WiFi sensor in it same spot to see what live data I get back.

You need to leave the thermometer in the freezer to do an accurate test, because otherwise you are measuring the air that is mixed in with outside air. Everything else you described seems normal though.

Assuming this is initial cooling, getting to zero the first time can take a while as it has to change the temperature of the inside walls by quite a bit.

As to why it was on 2 after already hitting zero, that’s just how these things work. When you turn it on the compressor will bring it to about 2-3 below the temp you set it at then compressor will shut off. While it’s off the fridge will naturally climb back up, and when it reaches about 2-3 above the temp you set it as, it will come back on and cool it back down to 2-3 below your setting. Since it’s set to zero it will just go until zero instead of -2 to -3, and cut off. At 2-3 it will come back on and bring it to zero; Should not take that long after initial cooling is done, unless you live in the middle of an Arizona desert during the month of July.

Anytime you are plugging in a fridge/freezer for the first time, it will take a while to bring the inside air and walls/fridge itself up to temp, then after that it’s much easier/lower consumption in order to keep it running. The closer to freezing the slower the rate at which the temp will change as well, as it has to do the most work during that range.

Thanks, that makes sense.

It’s been running 3 days now indoors and yes, in Miami it’s 90 degrees out with 80% RH but thank the A/C gods it’s only 70 degrees in my house 40% RH.

Just wanted to update fridge reached 0 degrees and has maintained it there as @SharpeCat said +/- 2 degrees. I picked up and installed inside a Tempi.fi Bluetooth / WiFi thermostat and am very impressed with it so far. I would recommend for anyone that wants to monitor their fridge remotely.

8B054C1A-8C53-4437-98A4-779C841F57D3.png

Last edited:
Well, I gave my tr45 a few days to settle and turned it on again. Still won’t go below 25 degrees or so. Guess I’ll be attempting warranty/service. We will see how it goes.

yeah that’s not right. It took awhile for my TR45 to get down to zero but once it was there it held zero degrees with no issues.

I received the VL45 last Thursday and immediately took it out of the box to start fitting it to my fridge slide. Exterior dimensions are accurate and the size is exactly what I was looking for. Interior dimensions are a close match to ICECO's website.

ICECO VL45 vs Edgestar
1624885813476.png

ICECO is longer and shorter in height but less width than the Edgestar. Noise is about the same between the two. Digital readout on the Edgestar is really easy to read. The ICECO is impossible to read in direct sunlight and difficult in indirect sunlight. With the ICECO on the slide and against the wheelwell, I can now slide my camp bins on the left side easily. Before I had to wiggle them up and around the Edgestar because of the height and width.

1624886135581.png

1624886202789.png

Internal width advertised as 10.7". Actual dimensions 10.5" (black plastic lid overlaps the silver interior).
1624886275763.png

Internal width advertised as 22". Actual dimensions 21.87" (black plastic lid overlaps the silver interior).
1624886418338.png

In addition, I've already purchased and chopped up a spare power cord and put Anderson connectors on it for easy integration into my electrical system. The ICECO has a on/off switch but I installed an on/off switch in my dash to control the Edgestar. I hope that the dash switch will still allow me to turn the fridge on/off without having to press and hold the power on the fridge each time.

More pictures of the comparison.
1624886765701.png

1624886778627.png

1624886807392.png

I received the VL45 last Thursday and immediately took it out of the box to start fitting it to my fridge slide. Exterior dimensions are accurate and the size is exactly what I was looking for. Interior dimensions are a close match to ICECO's website.

ICECO VL45 vs Edgestar
View attachment 2716037
ICECO is longer and shorter in height but less width than the Edgestar. Noise is about the same between the two. Digital readout on the Edgestar is really easy to read. The ICECO is impossible to read in direct sunlight and difficult in indirect sunlight. With the ICECO on the slide and against the wheelwell, I can now slide my camp bins on the left side easily. Before I had to wiggle them up and around the Edgestar because of the height and width.

View attachment 2716041

View attachment 2716042

Internal width advertised as 10.7". Actual dimensions 10.5" (black plastic lid overlaps the silver interior).
View attachment 2716043

Internal width advertised as 22". Actual dimensions 21.87" (black plastic lid overlaps the silver interior).
View attachment 2716044
Nice lawn, is that real?

Nice lawn, is that real?
LOL! That's just the side yard. The front yard looks even better.

Bermuda sod put down many years ago by the previous owner.

Thanks again Sharpecat for putting the group buy together and working it out. Ive had my VL60 running non stop now and working great. Have to plugged into my second battery charged by a redarc dc to dc charger. Headed to Assateague Island on saturday for 6 days so ill be putting that to the test along with my new solar panel!

Thanks again Sharpecat for putting the group buy together and working it out. Ive had my VL60 running non stop now and working great. Have to plugged into my second battery charged by a redarc dc to dc charger. Headed to Assateague Island on saturday for 6 days so ill be putting that to the test along with my new solar panel!
Thanks for the update bud, let us know how the second battery works out! Assuming it is about 100AHs like most batteries, then you should be very well off. Enjoy your trip and be sure to send us lots of pictures! IceCo loves mud pics/seeing their fridges in the wild and it's one of the ways we give back (that and reviews). I personally love seeing everyone's rigs and seeing what you guys pack for a trip (fridge included), as well as seeing the nice scenery in the back.

It inspires me to plan my own trips and I'll thank ya later for it (with pictures!).

Either of you having issues with under voltage, and E2 error while in DC mode? I have to run a mini USB fan to keep it from getting the E2 error. I have an Iceco JP42 with Bluetti AC200(Indiegogo version).

Either of you having issues with under voltage, and E2 error while in DC mode? I have to run a mini USB fan to keep it from getting the E2 error. I have an Iceco JP42 with Bluetti AC200(Indiegogo version).
What do you have your battery protection set to on your JP42? Also check what your voltage is where you plug your JP42 into your vehicle.

I've tried high/low, having problems when the compressor is not on without a secondary source . No issues when plugged into vehicle. While at Teton/Yellow Stone, left it on the Bluetti. Did not want to deal with battery issues, warm food, or plugging/un-plugging, when out hiking. Not necessarily a bad thing to run with fan, circulates the hot air in the trunk of 4runner. Got into the mid to high 90s some of the days.

I've tried high/low, having problems when the compressor is not on without a secondary source . No issues when plugged into vehicle. While at Teton/Yellow Stone, left it on the Bluetti. Did not want to deal with battery issues, warm food, or plugging/un-plugging, when out hiking. Not necessarily a bad thing to run with fan, circulates the hot air in the trunk of 4runner. Got into the mid to high 90s some of the days.
Sounds like you Bluetti device is going into powe save mode. I wonder if there is a setting to disable that?? If the constant load, usb fan, keeps it from shutting off, there must be some no load timeout on the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom