apologies in advance -- what is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mtnphilosopher

semper ubi sub ubi
Threads
I'd thought I'd taken adequate pictures on dissassemby of the block, but pictures, while worth a thousand words, still don't help my memory. FSM, diagrams, and search didn't help, largely because I can't remember what the bolt is/does. There is also another threaded hole opposite, on the other side of bearing cap #3.

'85 stock 2F:

mystery bolt.jpg

While I'm shaming myself, alternator mystery blue bushing:

2014-11-09 15.15.46.jpg

Thanks, and again, my apologies,

Brad

The blue bushing may be a insulator for a stud to prevent grounding. Or maybe not.

I'm thinking the bolt holes are for mounting the older style oil pump pickup:
My FJ40 013.jpg

Am I ok just leaving them empty? I have a vague recollection of putting the bolt that attaches the pump mount to the oil pump housing there to keep track of it. Brilliant idea -- four months and millions of brain cells ago.

Will -- Re: the alternator bushing, I have all the standard isolators installed, have looked at all my disassembly pictures, as well as SOR, FSM, etc., but still not sure what the "mystery blue" does/should go.

Here is a picture of my engine's innards when I had the oil pan off a while back.
There was no bolt (in my block) at the location you show a bolt in your picture.
1986 2F.

crank.jpg

Thanks Output -- that's exactly the verification needed before buttoning-up the bottom end and installing the oil pan.

Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom