Anyone want a Smitty Built rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 84-88 Toy PU Smitty Built rear bumper with a ball mount that I need to get rid of. Any takers?

I got this for my 1988 PU that was unfortunately totaled a few years ago before this arrived UPS. I had it on my Tacoma for a few months. Been sitting around since. Free to the first taker. I paid $75 for it when it was new.
1.JPG
2.JPG

Last edited:
It's like 41-42 inches mounting width, depending on which side of the mounts you put it on. (I have the Toyota Pickup mounting pieces and hardware.) I am free tomorrow after 12 noon and will probably be installing my 4runner SR5 Leather seats in the 40 if the garage is not too cold. :wrench:

I don't really know what the width of a gen I frame is in the rear. If it is the same as the 84-88s and the hole spacing is the same, then it will fit. Let me measure that for you tonight and give you a call.

I know it will fit on a Tacoma too, but I had to make a license plate bracket to view the plate.

The mounts on it are 41 inches center-to-center. The brackets that come with it are 1/2 wide.

Going once! Going twice! (looking at TJ for another bid).....:cool:

Ok Sam as long as it rides in yours on the bumpy trail. I have only one seat installed right now. I think it will bang around on the fuel tank cover. :D

TJ, are you still looking for something for the front also? I still have that stock 40 bumper with one bent end (left) we spoke about a while back. I can send you a picture this weekend if you want, or you can stop by.

Here it was on the Tacoma. Thats My Co-Pilot. Name that trail...

Tacos014.jpg

Here it was on the Tacoma. Thats My Co-Pilot. Name that trail...

Tacos014.jpg

I believe that would be Crystal before the playground.

Correct! -and the 40 barely lifts a tire in that spot.

Last edited:
Correct! -and the 40 barely lifts a tire in that spot.

It's all about wheelbase and where you hit certain spots on that obstacle

Here's my old 55. you can see how my rear drivers tire is stuffed high, and the passenger rear is way low.

flexy1.jpg

flexxy2.jpg

My 80 does that same line without lifting a tire :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom