Anyone using the National Luna NLDC-40 DC to DC charger? Wondering how it compares to Redarc BCDC1250D. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen plenty of installs and reviews here on the Redarc DC to DC chargers. Seems like many in this forum use the BCDC1250D. But, I was curious if anyone has used the National Luna NLDC-40. I searched mud and didn't find anything. I used the NL solenoid and controller for dual battery setups in two previous builds and it worked well. But, I like some of the features of these DC-DC chargers (support multiple battery types, full charge on secondary battery, solar output, etc.). One thing that I can't figure out is that the NL is a bit less powered at 40A vs Redarc's 50A model, but the NL is a lot more expensive ($850 vs. $497). Just wanted to see if anyone has used the NL one or if anyone more educated on DC-DC chargers might have some thoughts on differences between the two. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you going to use the MPPT function of either of these units? If not the Victron Orion will charge your battery at a 30A rate and be less taxing on the alternator. Added bonus -you’d have a few hundred dollars left over for something else.

To answer your original question, I can see no reason to go for the NL unit over the RedArc

Are you going to use the MPPT function of either of these units? If not the Victron Orion will charge your battery at a 30A rate and be less taxing on the alternator. Added bonus -you’d have a few hundred dollars left over for something else.

To answer your original question, I can see no reason to go for the NL unit over the RedArc

Thanks. No plans now for MPPT, but might in the future. I’ll check the victron out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom