Anyone running the NEW Nitto RIDGE Grappler (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks- they look promising (for a non-snow tire) but I'm worried there's not enough siping. That matters a lot in New England with wildly varying snow and ice conditions.

Ridge Grapplers = fine for snow, but not ice. I wouldn't recommend them for year round use. Hard to beat as a three season tire that has tougher sidewalls than DT or BFG without being a MT. I'd buy them again (315), but rely on studs for those four nasty months. YMMV

Last edited:
Anyone have put 30k-40k on them? I’m looking for 285/70/18 and choices are limited. I really don’t want to go MTs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers is the closest to AT tires. I’m really concerned with the smoothness and noise on the ride after putting miles on them. Any thoughts?

I think I put 40-45k on mine. Still running them. Granted they’re kind of needing to be replaced.

A0DC2ADD-E0E2-4EEF-B56B-2ACB3127502E.jpeg
Needed new tires after 45k or so miles to pass inspection and went with a 295/70r18 KM3 ( 34.3 diameter 11.8 wide ) Let me tell ya! The Ridge Grapplers are quieter at 45k than these are brand new. I don’t mind the noise but it’s amazing how good the Ridge Grapplers are for daily driving.

Why did you go to BFGs?

RGs are really good tires, I would definitely recommend them as I have about 15-20K on my 285/70/18 and there is little to no noise. My previous tire was a 35" RG but had some issues with that size so went down to a 34" and it's been perfect for trail ridding,snow and Ice. Overall the best tire I have ran with and I've had 33s, 34.5, and 35s on before.

Why did you go to BFGs?

Went with the KM3 over the RG because they were the same price and I thought I’d change it up a little. Also, K02s don’t come in my preferred size anymore so I decided to go KM3. I initially got quoted for the K02 since I like the way they look and again I wanted change.

K02s don’t come in my preferred size anymore so I decided to go KM3. I initially got quoted for the K02 since I like the way they look and again I wanted change.

That sized rubber 295/70r18 is going to require a small lift correct?

That sized rubber 295/70r18 is going to require a small lift correct?
Yes, they’re 34.3 x 11.8 . You’ll need a lift and a fender liner mod. But! Ridge Grappers also didn’t rub as much as the KM3. I’m going to be trimming or heat gunning some more to see if I can eliminate the rub.

Just made my first run to the mountains. Mud mixed with granite was a little slippery, but over all great. Clawed up the rock slopes nicely, stair steps, loose granite, and dirt. Then hit some small snow spots, and was happy with their performance. Not as aggressive as my last set of MT's, but better ride and a lot less noise.

F1AC63BE-2188-45B6-B150-E295B0D6A15C.jpg

6CFAC994-22EE-4C98-921D-4210EA41685F.jpg

DC0EDC5C-79C4-41A8-9CBA-A82EE04B3025.jpg

295/70r18

Super smooth riding yet firm and strong feeling.
I know this is waaaay after this post, but, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 06 LX470. I had the Ridge Grapplers on my FJ, and they were the best tires ever. I'm assuming you removed the stock hydraulic lift and added a lift to accommodate this size?

I know this is waaaay after this post, but, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 06 LX470. I had the Ridge Grapplers on my FJ, and they were the best tires ever. I'm assuming you removed the stock hydraulic lift and added a lift to accommodate this size?

Yes. Running a standard OME Medium 2.5 Lift. AHC locked in high is actually higher. You have to mod your fender and pinch weld a little. Lastly I agree the Ridge Grapplers are incredible. The KM3s are great but they are actually bigger some how. I’m still getting rubbing after months!

I have an 05 LX 470 that looks super similar to yours @m3roar (and I'm also in Houston!) but I've been trying to hold off on the lift because of the $$. Do you think it'd work to do these ridge grapplers 275 65 18 on the stock suspension? Or would you be able to recommend some sort of levelling kit/affordable lift situation? Appreciate the advice!

Had these on my FJ. Amazing tire. I drive about 45 miles a day and they are smooth and quiet in the highway. Never once had an issues on the trails either. I’ve got an LX470 now with KO2s, and when they ware I’m going right back to the grapplers.

Any more updates after high milage on these? I'm moving from 18" to 16" and don't want to get another set of KO2s (chunk easily, hard to balance, and I've had bad luck with 5+ sidewall punctures--always buy the replacement warranty!) Many people I run with in AZ swear by the Terra Grapplers but I'm leaning towards these Ridge Grapplers...

Any more updates after high milage on these? I'm moving from 18" to 16" and don't want to get another set of KO2s (chunk easily, hard to balance, and I've had bad luck with 5+ sidewall punctures--always buy the replacement warranty!) Many people I run with in AZ swear by the Terra Grapplers but I'm leaning towards these Ridge Grapplers...
Currently have 20k on mine and love them. No cupping issues for me, rotated every 5k. My buddy has a set that he did not rotate for the first 15k miles and had cupping out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom